-
Posts
14671 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
156
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Media Demo
Store
Collections
Videos
Everything posted by SnowDrifter
-
Hybrids?
SnowDrifter replied to SnowDrifter's topic in Off Topic - Random, Misc posts - the forum "Junk Drawer"
not to sure how a hybrid works but dont u only start a car once when u plan on driving it not tryin to sound like a dick just wondering what ur meaning by start cycle Hybrids turn off the engine when gliding or when stopped at a light to save fuel. At some point, the engine has to turn back on. It is this constant starting and stopping and the (possible?) associated wear I am wondering about. -
A thought occurred to me today. How do Toyota, and other hybrid car manufacturers mitigate the typical wear associated with startup? It seems to me that the engines would wear much faster because of their many start cycles - most of the wear happens on startup since the oil is in the pan, not where the moving parts are. I have read around and it seems that there is a special start cycle of some sort, but I'm not sure what it is. Could someone help me wrap my head around this?
-
I don't mean this in a mean way.. It's annoying to have to rebuild a box but: Download winISD pro from here www.linearteam.dk/default.aspx?pageid=winisdpro The follow this guide to use it since it is alpha(before beta) software and still finnickey at times. You have to close out of it with the task manager http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-subwoofers-general-discussion/6330-winisd-pro-tutorial-download-detailed-guide-how-use-winisd-pro.html
-
How much could I sell this for?
SnowDrifter replied to SnowDrifter's topic in Computer Talk - News, technology, advice
I forgot to mention... The battery life is 1:45-2:00 hours, it plays crysis and most of the new games, has a 17" screen, and the CPU will beat out the newer I7s any day in multithreaded, and especially single threaded performance(overclocked to 3.3ghz remaining withing intel's voltage specs for the CPU) Not sure if it makes a difference, but I figured I would add it just in case -
How much could I sell this for?
SnowDrifter replied to SnowDrifter's topic in Computer Talk - News, technology, advice
Yeah. I don't see any with my cpu - which I refuse to part with unless the price reflects accordingly since it was a $1000 option. So I am still 'up in the air' in terms of what it is worth -
I have a BIG laptop, and I'm just looking to downgrade... How much could I get for it? Lenovo thinkpad w700 Specs: Cpu: Intel QX9300 Extreme @2.53ghz (this is the high-end, expensive CPU, not the normal Q9300) Graphics: Nvidia Quadro FX 2700m Ram: 8 gigs DDR3 Hard Drive: 250gig & 400gig Display: Matte 1920x1200 - perfect condition Keyboard and touchpad: excellent condition. Only a slight 'sheen' on the left mouse button from use Exterior: Good condition except for a small bit of wear on the corners (typical for these) and a small scuff on the top of the screen Has 1.3mp webcam Has fingerprint reader HDMI out DVI out VGA out Gigabit Ethernet Mini PC slot Smart card reader 9 cell battery 2 170w power bricks - one of them with an extra long cable 5 USB ports Wireless 'N' Wifi Soundcard Security chip with stolen laptop tracking + drive encryption Has all of the nifty thinkpad things on it like hard drive protection and such Also: How much would I get if I did/didn't include win7 x64 / Visual Studio 2010 Pro x64 / Office Premium x64 Replies appreciated. Thanks
-
Self Defense
SnowDrifter replied to iceman1575's topic in Off Topic - Random, Misc posts - the forum "Junk Drawer"
Same. Girls, for the most part(there are of course, exceptions) tend not to be able to really harm guys in the same way guys can harm guys. I would only fight back if it was some extreme circumstance, and even still, I would rather find a way to de-escalate the situation or leave before I would do so. -
I know that Ethanol boosts octane. I completely understand that. Here's the thing: I used to go to a semi-local gas station that sold 100% gas vs the 90/10 mix. Then they switched to E10 to get a tax break. Since then I have noticed that my jeep JK doesn't seem to run as well. If I get on the gas, it will knock slightly for a second, retard the timing, adjust the fuel mixture, then I get some power. But I have also noticed that it lacks power across the RPM band and I get about 20% less fuel economy. What I am saying is that it runs, but no where near as well as it could run. I would be willing to make a small trip to get some pure gas. Besides engine power and fuel economy, I have read that Ethanol isn't very good for the rubber it touches, and I can't put something that might have the slightest chance of harming the car, into the car. It's my parent's ride, so I am committed to taking care of it to the best of my ability. I have looked at pure-gas.org and the closest one I found is in Issaquah, 21 miles away. I am HOPING that a member on this forum might know of something a bit closer then what is mentioned on the website (I am of course, operating on the assumption that the list is made up of what is reported and added to the list, and that there are some that may not be listed for whatever reason) Please help?
-
Where can I get 100%, ethanol free gasoline near Redmond, Washington? I looked at pure gas, but the closest one is Issaquah, so it's a bit far. I am hoping some of you folks might know of something closer I don't care the octane, as long as it's above 87. I will buy higher octane if it means getting gas in my tank, not corn. Why? The local gas station switched, my Jeep runs like on it, gets 5 fewer mpg, and has turned into a dangerously slow slug on the freeway... Besides, if I pay to put gas in my car, I want just that. Not liquified corn or grass juice. Thanks in advance for the help
-
Why I am thankful...
SnowDrifter replied to SnowDrifter's topic in Off Topic - Random, Misc posts - the forum "Junk Drawer"
LOL, I wish... It's bone stock. It's my parent's car, so I can't really do anything do it. w/e, I am thankful I have a car to drive, and even more so that it is essentially a new car (7800 miles), so I'm not complaining. 'My' system is in my friends car =P -
Why I am thankful...
SnowDrifter replied to SnowDrifter's topic in Off Topic - Random, Misc posts - the forum "Junk Drawer"
What do you mean by better late than never? -
I'm 17, driving on the freeway on the way to bible study. A cargo van cuts me off, I flash him, and let off the gas and coast to keep a good following distance. As I am doing this, he jams on his brakes, HARD - and so do I. Fortunately, he was able to stop and avoid whatever situation happened ahead, and I avoided running into him. The guy behind me, however, did not. As I was slowing down, I see him coming up in my rear view and feel a tap on my car - similar in both sound and feel to someone closing the trunk. We both pull off to the side of the road, exchange information, and inspect vehicles. Here is why I am thankful: I know that cars traveling down the freeway carry enormous, deadly amounts of kinetic energy. I also know that rear endings can be pretty bad (My friend's Cherokee got rear ended recently, totaling it and forcing my friend to stay in bed for 2 days since he couldn't walk). When I got out and looked at the back of my car (2010 jeep wrangler sport, 4 door) I saw only a smudge in the tire black on my spare tire where his car contacted mine. Both me and him are totally OK(SUPER good since his car was made before crumple zones and crash safety was a huge concern) as are the cars (except for his front Honda emblem which fell off). In the other driver's defense, he wasn't tailgating, nor did he try to run off or anything afterwards, and he was very polite. The fact of the matter is, a newer jeep just stops quite a bit quicker than his older civic. I view it as an accident, and just that. Not negligent driving. I am so glad no one and nothing got hurt in this. Folks, please drive safe. It's a jungle out there.
-
I have recently began taking Vivanse 45mg. My mouth isn't SUPER dry or anything, but it is dry enough to feel like I am slightly thirsty. Can anyone chime in on if it is bad / a fix? Or is it not that big of a deal and I just need to suck it up and deal with it?
-
Starting to get into the dubstep scene....
SnowDrifter replied to SnowDrifter's topic in Tunez - All things music related
Thanx -
Starting to get into the dubstep scene....
SnowDrifter replied to SnowDrifter's topic in Tunez - All things music related
Maybe... I don't really care though. I listen based on what sounds good to my ears, not based on the 'popular crowd' that a given style of music draws. We all have our preferences -
Try pressing some chewing gum around it, then see if that can pull it out. If not, take a q-tip, cut off one of the ends so you only have the shaft part, put a TINY amount of super glue on it, press it to the rca stem, blow on it + count to 30 for it to dry, then pull it out. Good luck with it. Just as a side question: How did you manage to break the end off an RCA cable?
-
Nothing wrong with a bit of curiosity Since it's a laptop, it doesn't have a sub like a car. I take the equalizer, up the bass below 75hz, then up the treble just a bit - then it sounds like my friend's car with 2 10s. I want the EQ for all windows sounds so if I am playing a song on youtube, it still sounds good. Otherwise, I would just use my EQ in Foobar2000
