Jump to content

dmanson

Members
  • Posts

    3142
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dmanson

  1. 49 inches wide ....30 deep and 21 high .....biggest box I've ever built. The port is 47.5 wide .. 3 inches in height and 20 inches deep. She slams low and loud enough for me. I'm impressed with the XLs. Gotta finish deadening the roof and doors.
  2. ah yeh the box is a lil over 14 cubic ft. after displacements it's around 12 or slightly under.
  3. Well I got use to the Lvl 4 15s, had to step my game up here in VA, no one i know has 18s moreless DC, so here I am one man standing and repping it. My man bought my lvl 4 15s for his Dodge Magnum and we'll start doing a box next month. Anyways heres some pics ............ i'm not the most top notch box builder but i make it happen, thanks Rusty for helping with the box plan too. I wont post all the pics but enough of them. Rusty told me it would tune around 33hz and it gets low. Enjoy! old setup had to order some fatmat before i started, all done up and a pain at that a start the amp rack for the DC3k is only temporary til i get the DC5k and then i'll make it look all pretty, although screwed onto the box it's two layers of wood with rubber feet to support the amp. it's not all that but it bangs hard and low. can't wait to get that DC5k does at 15.4 volts. [
  4. Aftermarker alternator, big rims and 400lbs of destruction in an expedition .... Talkin but gas mileage lost. Sucks.
  5. Heard good and bad on the crescendos. I think I may do two 6.5s in my front doors.
  6. yeh what he said. with one 3400 and two 3100s you'll have more than enough battery bank to add another 2.5k or even a 5k later down the road.
  7. Da XLs are beasts. I'm in love with the subs.
  8. Got that 5k coming for my two 18XLs and it'll be wire at .7. They will love it.
  9. Go with da 5 bro.
  10. U could run a T600-2 on the 2 sets of components, run it at 2 ohms. That T600-2 will do 300rms x 2 @ 2ohm, that's a lot of juice, remember their amps r underrated big time.
  11. I want one of those chargers.
  12. I'm sure either th 1200 or 1500 will do, be careful on the 1500 for just that one subm
  13. hhmmmmm yeh what everone else has said ........... don't do it.
  14. yeh well i've got to look over the dimension of the tubes again, 22 is long even with the depth of the box being 30inches. now i'll just need to see how the flared ends will match up to 4" PVC piping. Do you guys think four 4in flare tubes will move a ton of air? i was thinking six but might stick with five.
  15. Well i gave my box dimensions to Rusty and they are 20H X 49W x 30D. that should have me a lil over 14 cuft. four 4in flares ... 22inches long would give me around 32/33hz. I wont be starting on the box til after my vacation but i would love to get all this figured out, i need it to play low and move some air and i'd rather do 5 or 6 flare ports vs just four.
  16. cool pvc it is unless i find some cheaper tubing else where. i was going to do four 4in ports but after talking with Rusty six wouldn't hurt and probably would move more air.
  17. yeh i checked on parts express and they run under $3, now the tubing is what'll cost me and that's why i'd like to use PVC piping. i don't mind fiberglassing them together and sanding. i just want the next enclosure to move some air and play good lows. Gotta represent DC Audio here in VA and i want to come correct.
  18. What up SMD. Well I've finally gotten back from deployment and at that I received my DC lvl4XL 18s Thursday. So far i'm looking to build a box around 13cuft and after talking with Rusty I'd really like to do the flare ports over the L port ..... as said the flares sound better. I'm looking at doing four to six 4in flares but they are costly. I'll spend enough with the MDF and fiberglass. I can purchase the 4 inch flare ends for cheap through partsexpress. Now I can get over 10ft of 4in PVC piping at Lowes for around $10 and cut it to whatever length(s) i need. I'd have to fiberglass the flare ends to the pvc but would this make for good flare port ......... PVC and flare ends????? i don't want to be too cheap with this project but don't want to spend more than needed if possible. Help me out fellas ..... i'd like to get everything started in the next week or so.
  19. well i wouldn't just add another battery just yet. I'd start off with a good alternator and if you have a stock battery then i'd do a kinetik or powermaster along with the big 3 in 1/0. Start off with that and go from there. Good luck
  20. I think you will do fine with adding a D2400 or D3100 to the back, maybe two of either along with two runs of 1/0 positive. i'm sure it'll slam hard.
  21. I think it's down to the whole install from the electrical to how good of a box you have personnal, just my opinion.
  22. and where is this peel and seel found?
  23. this is a good topic to start up as i have a 2004 Expedition 4.6L and it sucks on horsepower and performance minus the 24 inch rims, 260 amp dc alt, batteries, sub and amps in the back.
×
×
  • Create New...