INM's '98 Blazer (New Plans on Page 3)

looks good but why the arrangement of subs?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

• 2 weeks later...

Well, doesn't seem like anyone has any comments, but I thought I might as well post.

The system is fucked. Long story short, my brother and I took a short cut, resulting in what could have possibly burnt my entire car up.

Redoing it all the right way some time soon.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

• 1 month later...

Alrighty, an update.

As per my last post, I shall explain the situation.

First off, the shortcut that could have put my car up in flames.

When me and my brother were first putting this system in, we did everything right.

Then I blew the fuse up front while testing out my amp. When I got home, my brother told me that since we had fuses in the back, I don't really need one up front, and he replaced by blown fuse with a piece of copper pipe.

Me, not knowing any better. went a long with it. :shrug:

Then that came to haunt me. I was at a friend's house, and went to make a snack/drink run, and my car wouldn't even start. When I turned my key, nothing electrical even turned on. So I thought maybe I had left a light on or something, and called by friend out to give me a jump. I then realized I had only been there for an hour, and the light wouldn't have killed my battery. Checked under my hood, and found a nicely melted fuse holder, and some melted wire. (Pics when I find them)

Anyway, I ordered some 4awg from Knu, replaced the fuse holder (with a fuse this time) and have been make on my way.

Now, I've decided it's time to get rid of my cap. Until now, I hadn't really had the money nor motive to do the Big 3. But now I will.

I'll be ordering about 30ft total of 0awg tonight, doing the big 3, and running 0awg all the way back, replacing the existing 4awg.

I'm hoping this will let me function without the cap, and not have any dimming lights and what not.

On another note, I finally did some research on the amp I'm using, a Power Acoustik OVN1-3000D, and found that I'm not getting the power I thought I was getting.

My cousin let me use it, only saying it was a 3000 watt amp. When he gave it to me, I had never been on here, and thus believed that it was truly 3000 watts. I don't know why I waited this long to actually check it, but it seems this amp is only rated for 1700W rms @ 1 ohm. My subs are wired @ 3ohm, and it's only seeing somewhere between 900W and 1300W (the 4ohm and 2ohm powers)

Anyway, I plan on rewiring the subs for a 1.3 ohm load, seeing how that does for me, and if I still don't like, I'll be upgrading to something that will do at like 1.5kW RMS.

Videos/update on running wire and what not soon.

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Good thing your Blazer didnt go up in flames though :S ... I had an electrical problem about a year ago with my old Kinetik 1800 battery short circuting itself when I was driving. Was bumpin for about a half hour with some friends in the back, when I noticed a popping sound but didnt think anything of it, I just thought it was part of the music. One of my friends all of a sudden yelled at me and told me to turn my shit off because theres a fire in the back!... and I turned around as sparks were shootin at the cieling, slammed on the brakes and quickly turned my car off (in the middle of the road pretty much in a bunch of traffic) and ran around and opened the back while smoke poured out.. and there the battery was... terminals white glowing hot and melted solder running down the side of the battery. Scary moment since I just pretty much got the Blazer. Then as everything cooled and was fine I was still in the middle of the road and some ass drove by on the opposite lane yelling "TURN YOUR DAMN FLASHERS ON!".. so I yelled back "F*** you!! MY car started on fire!"....... he didnt say anything back. hahaha

/rant

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

yea I'm the 1000th view I'm a winner

03' NISSAN XTERRA

(1) AQ3500d

(1) AQ4x90

(1) Audio Control Line Driver

(4) DC LVL 4 15's

Cresendo Mids and Highs

100' of 0/guage

Big Three

Mechman 270a Charging @ 16.5v

(6) XS D1400's

Highest Termlab Score 149.9 at the kick & 166.1 in the Port/ on stock electrical and 1 DC XL M1

Updated JUNE 2012*****MY BUILD LOG

USACI REGION 6 POINTS LEADER 2011

USACI KANSAS RECORD HOLDER 2011

Team DC

dcletterhead.jpg

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

Good thing your Blazer didnt go up in flames though :S ... I had an electrical problem about a year ago with my old Kinetik 1800 battery short circuting itself when I was driving. Was bumpin for about a half hour with some friends in the back, when I noticed a popping sound but didnt think anything of it, I just thought it was part of the music. One of my friends all of a sudden yelled at me and told me to turn my shit off because theres a fire in the back!... and I turned around as sparks were shootin at the cieling, slammed on the brakes and quickly turned my car off (in the middle of the road pretty much in a bunch of traffic) and ran around and opened the back while smoke poured out.. and there the battery was... terminals white glowing hot and melted solder running down the side of the battery. Scary moment since I just pretty much got the Blazer. Then as everything cooled and was fine I was still in the middle of the road and some ass drove by on the opposite lane yelling "TURN YOUR DAMN FLASHERS ON!".. so I yelled back "F*** you!! MY car started on fire!"....... he didnt say anything back. hahaha

/rant

Damnnn, good to hear it didn't get worse than it did!

yea I'm the 1000th view I'm a winner

gtfo.

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Just ordered my wire from Knu, some 0awg ring terminals from Darvex (cheapest I could find them), and fuse holders from eBay.

Hopefully it will all get here relatively quickly. :D

Anyway, I plan on upgrading soon. What should I do first? Better amp, or subs?

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Archived