Sonic Electronix

Would you pay this much for midrange speakers?

wow im a cheap bastard im freaking about spending 300 for some midrange speakers and tweaters hahaha

You can get a nice mid-tweet combo for $300 with just raw speakers.

I sure hope your not talking about pa speakers

Why do you have such a hatred for PA speakers?

I use to think they wasn't for me, but I heard a setup where they was actually properly installed. Almost made me consider jumping on board. ALMOST. Lol.

But on topic...

Honestly you don't have to spend 2grand plus to have a good SQ setup. And that's a fact. There is to many drivers out there to only have to pick through the more expensive ones.

Just like you can't buy SPL. And you see people with cheaper subs, doing big numbers. Not exactly the same thing but it can apply.

because I hate how they sound. they have a much higher level of distortion than sq speakers do. mine would be cheaper if I wasn't doing 4 doors worth of audio as well. my actual sq build was 350 dollars in the pickup and sounded great but not loud enough for me

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

because I hate how they sound. they have a much higher level of distortion than sq speakers do.

If you stay within xmax and a reasonable crossover point you won't have any issues. It's just that people try to get midbass out of 6.5's with 2mm xmax and a 100hz fs, and you can easily get a lot of added distortion trying to get it to do things it's not capable of. There are some nicer PA-ish woofers, like the B&C neo's with 6-7mm xmax...they're still quite efficient too.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

I'm talking the selenium and super tweeters and all that crap. can they sound decent? yeah do they get loud? yeah will I settle for decent? no lol

even the old ass fosgates I have now are starting to irritate me. probably the best thing fosgate has ever made imo were these mids but I cna't get rid of this resonance at 700hz

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

even the old ass fosgates I have now are starting to irritate me. probably the best thing fosgate has ever made imo were these mids but I cna't get rid of this resonance at 700hz

The Fanatic mids? Are you not able to eq that 700hz out?

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

I would spend thousands of dollars on mids and highs if I had the money. I love SQ and SQ builds, its just so damn expensive lol.

RF_728x090_caraudiofanatics-1.jpg

xs-1.jpg

logo-1.png

1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

DC Power 270 Amp Alt

Big 3

Kicker/KnuKonceptz 0 Gauge Power wire

XS Power D6500

XS Power D3100

Pioneer Headunit

JBL Mids and Highs

Rockford Fosgate 400.4

3 Sundown Audio SA-10's wired @ .67 ohms

American Bass 150.1

because I hate how they sound. they have a much higher level of distortion than sq speakers do.

If you stay within xmax and a reasonable crossover point you won't have any issues. It's just that people try to get midbass out of 6.5's with 2mm xmax and a 100hz fs, and you can easily get a lot of added distortion trying to get it to do things it's not capable of. There are some nicer PA-ish woofers, like the B&C neo's with 6-7mm xmax...they're still quite efficient too.

Exactly.

Properly setup PA's can sound quiet good.

You can't knock it, simply because its not 100% your taste. And you can't say it can't have great SQ, because they can.

Wenn, why are you doing all 4 doors? If you don't mind me asking?

The Fanatic mids? Are you not able to eq that 700hz out?

yeah the old fanatic q mids. I'm just replacing them since my panels are shot anyway. get much louder and be able to drop under 40hz on my midbass ftw :)

mcintoshsigz.png

Morel makes some of the best speakers in the world period. I have owned the personaly (not these in particular) and you can read up on them in any credible online or paper audio mag. to answer your question.....yes, yes indeed

LOUDEST PHUKN BURB N LA COUNTY!!!!

Team SoCal SPL

Team Sundown

Exactly.

Properly setup PA's can sound quiet good.

You can't knock it, simply because its not 100% your taste. And you can't say it can't have great SQ, because they can.

Wenn, why are you doing all 4 doors? If you don't mind me asking?

because I have 4 doors and leaving the back ones out is sorta a rigged way to do it imo. I'm not going 100% sq I'm doing what ever I want basically. it will never see a meter or anything. trying to get loud sound great nad have a perfect stage will be fun :)

mcintoshsigz.png

Archived