Second Skin Audio

Multiple subs in different size enclosures?

I don't understand why people ask for advice, then when we tell them what to do they refuse to listen? just scrap the old box and rebuild 1 wall for all the subs.. welcome to the car audio world. gotta make tough decisions sometimes

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

I don't understand why people ask for advice, then when we tell them what to do they refuse to listen? just scrap the old box and rebuild 1 wall for all the subs.. welcome to the car audio world. gotta make tough decisions sometimes

Beat me to it. Junk the old box and build a new wall.

Or not junk it, sell it and put it towards the cost of the new box. The issue is not stacked boxes (preference I will never stack boxes) but different size enclosures can affect overall sound. Seriously, in the long run you're going to be much happier with a wall.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I replied to this comment solely to reinstate it.

You come here and ask advice and then just say no? Then wonder why we are calling you an idiot? Makes no sense. :shrug:

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

I'm going to agree with everyone who said why ask for advice and deny it. But besides that, if money is an issue, thats o.k. Everyone comes into trouble with funding. Take it from a University student. I am always broke. If I want something, I take my time and get it. You got to remember that car audio is a passion. It is one of the few hobbies that you receive full satisfaction from beginning to end. It's a learning process, and self medication if you will. Take your time and do it right. I know what it's like to have one thing done and your proud of it, just to have something else come to mind and diminish what you had. Everyone here understands that when you spend money and time on something, it comes with this sense of security. You don't want it taken away from you let alone have to tear it all apart and start over, but believe me, that is what happens when you are into this kind of stuff. You get over it and move on to something bigger and better. Custom work is unique. It's yours and it doesn't come over night. Take it slow, accept the advice we all give to you and go from there. If you have to, wait it out. That is the beauty of having such a large community here at SMD, we give each other ideas, help, and overall drive. That is why we all keep coming back. Do what you think is right, but don't ignore the answers to your question.

As for your last post and why shouldn't you do it. Well just read above that. There are multiple answers right in front of you. The physics of how sound reacts in different enclosures is there in simple terms. You simply get different sounds which in overall essence, give a awkward sound that nobody will want. If you have switches for say two different amps that will power one set and the other the next set then fine, do it. But once you play both together you will see what everyone was talking about. Trail and error in this case is illogical. It will be just a waste of money to do two different sized enclosures.

Now, thats my input and that is what you asked for. I do NOT want to seem like a asshole but you asked for advice, we gave it to you in clear terms, and you still proceeded to try and convince us that it was ok to do the enclosures.

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

Alpine CDA-117

2 12" Fi Audio SSD D1

Rockford Fosgate T1000-1BD (1340RMS @ 1 ohm)

Vibe Audio LiteBox Stereo 4

Energy ENC650CV2 Component/Convertible Speakers

Knu Koncept 0 Gauge

One thing...if you built the enclosures, why build two separate boxes? Are you sure they're not prefab....lol.

Really, you have two options. Rebuild correctly or just do it anyways and do your thing. It's your setup.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?