Video card or Motherboard problem.

Same thing happened to me a while back. You are not getting enough airflow to your GPU so it gets hot and eventually shuts down. I had to buy a new graphics card all together, also with a new PSU. If its been happening for a while then your card is toast. Try everything that everyone has said before you purchase anything.

25tugio.jpg

PM me for free Photoshop stuff

SAMSQUANCH!!!!

My guess would be the psu mate, that 8800 is a monstet, what else u got connected to the psu?

lol? The 8800 is not a monster at all, it barely draws power off the psu it draws more off the bus. You can power an 8800 off of a 350 watt power supply. Does the mother board have on board video, I assume it does if you had the option in the bios for the initial display. Plug it into the motherboard and set that as initial display. Or if you already did I guess check your other bios settings that maybe when quick boot is on you don't see the manufacturer display and boot up.

My guess would be the psu mate, that 8800 is a monstet, what else u got connected to the psu?

lol? The 8800 is not a monster at all, it barely draws power off the psu it draws more off the bus. You can power an 8800 off of a 350 watt power supply. Does the mother board have on board video, I assume it does if you had the option in the bios for the initial display. Plug it into the motherboard and set that as initial display. Or if you already did I guess check your other bios settings that maybe when quick boot is on you don't see the manufacturer display and boot up.

Yes i do have a on board video card, I have my PCIE set as default when i go to my bios. Its like my computer doesn't recognize that the video card is plugged in.

got you some good shit from my buddies at TPU: http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?p=2188243#post2188243

Loudcivic, you maybe right on. I never thought about the PSU. It has most likely slowly died and took stuff with it.

As for the other forums try telling them i have a after market PSU, Cause they all think i am using the one that came with the PC

it barely draws power????? then explain why the damn card has a 6 pin that needs to be plugged in since it cant get enough power out of the bus itself. and you say it draws more from that. lmfao i cant believe i just read that.

nvidia1.jpg

hmm seems to me like it draws some power hey. btw the pci express slot is limited to 150 watts max draw which therefore you sir are wrong. it almost draws full power of the pci e connector at idle

here ya go look at this if you dont believe me http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/psu/116

Edited by Loudcivic

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

The PCI-E 16x slot is rated at 75 watts for the slot itself, 75 watts for the 6-pin connectors (3 +12v wires, 3 ground wires), and 150w for the 8-pin connectors (3 +12v wires, 5 ground wires..). G92 series GPU's from the 8800 and 9800 series drew excessive power through the PCI-E slot (over the "75w" limit). This caused issues with some motherboards and power supplies.

The G92 is not a power hog. It does draw a decent amount of power, but nothing near to what high end cards have done (Radeon 2900XT, 4870x2, 5970, 9800GX2, GTX285, GTX480, etc..).

Your problem sounds like a poor capacitor or dieing VRM (voltage regulation module) on the GPU possibly. This isnt very uncommon for 8800GT's as they had a somewhat lackluster VRM which overheats and can deteriorate with age. Even 8800GTS's will over time. I have an 8800GTS/512 that will get picky if I let it run too warm these days..

It is also possible that the motherboard or PSU are supplying dirty power to the GPU, but less likely.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.