A Suburban A Warhorse and a pair of Double Dees

You could totally fit another tack if you take the back wheels off who needs wheels? Come on now think :)

But looks good love the way it turned out though very pro!

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

You could totally fit another tack if you take the back wheels off who needs wheels? Come on now think :)

But looks good love the way it turned out though very pro!

Now that will be electrical system OD. :P Thanks.

You got mad skills & creativity! Keep up the good work I'm tuned in.

Thanks. :drink40:

Sweet Rack :)

The only time you will see a guy tell another guy.

Oh my! :o Uh, thanks. No homo. :P

This was a good Monday. Work went by smoothly. Picked up the little ones, no hassles there. Got my chores done with time to spare. How about a little progress? Nothing major today, just made some battery links.

Before going too far I figured I do some work in the virtual world. This is what I came up with. Bare with me as it's a little incomplete since I don't have the cables modeled up. I'll get those in soon. :)

suburban11.jpg

Here we go. Not only do I have a little band saw, I've also got a little drill press. :P I picked up a 12ft bar of 6061-T6 Aluminum locally. It measures 3/8" by 1-1/2", this should be enough to get the job done. I used work's bad a$$ cold saw to make short work of cutting the bar down to the strips I needed.

DSC03390.jpg

Starting off small here with a 1/8" pilot hole.

DSC03391.jpg

Now were cooking. Stepped it up to a 13/32" drill. The studs on the batteries are 3/8-16 so the 13/32" drill will give me a little wiggle room. Ahhh, what a stringy mess.

DSC03392.jpg

The details are where it's at fellas. Take a little pride in what you do and give the little extra effort to debur your holes with a good quality counter sink.

DSC03394.jpg

:) Nuff said.

DSC03395.jpg

OMG! Look at what the cat coughed up. o_o

DSC03396.jpg

Look at that, just like in the computer. :)

DSC03398.jpg

:attempt:

looks heavy :yahoo:

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/

My build for my wife. http://www.stevemead...01-f-150-build/

looking awesome builds coming along great

just one question, why 4 bars instead of 2 long ones ?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

looks heavy :yahoo:

Thanks, that's how I like'em. :P

looking awesome builds coming along great

just one question, why 4 bars instead of 2 long ones ?

:drink40: Thanks. I'm lacking with my big kid words to explain why I'm running shorter bars instead of longer ones. How about I draw a picture? :)

suburban11_1.jpg

Hope this better explains where I'm going with this one. 8)

What's up everybody? I got a little tired of working on the battery rack so I focused my efforts back on the front stage. Last I left things I had some pods roughed out. I glued the required layers together and started off by drilling some holes for the threaded inserts.

DSC03346.jpg

I followed up by sanding the pods to the final profile. Here is a pic of my make shift sander.

DSC03348.jpg

Before I go any further I figure I owe you guys a shot of the man behind the curtain. Also safety first. :P

DSC03369.jpg

I used a primer on these pods for porous surfaces. Nothing fancy, just your standard issue Killz brand home exterior/interior primer.

DSC03373.jpg

This was followed up with a couple coats of grey paint.

DSC03389.jpg

As the paint dries. I worked on how I would mount these pods to the doors. Like all good mounts we start with a hole.

DSC03371.jpg

The follow up is what makes the difference. In this case I fell back on my classic rivnut follow up. A classy way to put threads in sheet metal.

DSC03372.jpg

Now we're talking. Prepping the wires.

DSC03399.jpg

More on the way. :)

Archived