DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

so much fabrication... i love it

For you. :)

Alright guys and gals, today's update is short and sweet. Tonight is Glee night with my girls. :)

After yesterdays fiasco I got the mounting flange updated and ready to go. Here it is fitted in place.

DSC03576.jpg

With the mounting holes located I was able to my favorite tools to create mounting provisions for the sump.

DSC03577.jpg

Now it's time to weld up the sump. Gosh that is a lousy name for my creation. From here on out it shall be called "the wiring chingadera" ;) My parts prepped and ready for welding.

DSC03578.jpg

The parts are self fixturing, fancy wording for they fit together without external forces. :P

DSC03579.jpg

Here are my first tacks. Yes I used a jack stand to hold things down. :P

DSC03580.jpg

The sides are in place. Fit is looking good, very happy with the way this is turning out.

DSC03581.jpg

Here is got it all tacked together.

DSC03582.jpg

DSC03583.jpg

I got the grommets in place to verify fit.

DSC03584.jpg

DSC03585.jpg

Here's the wiring chingadera in place.

DSC03586.jpg

Here is a shot from the outside. The wooden rods are still in place for a little visual of how the cables will be routed.

DSC03591.jpg

The wire chingadera isn't done just yet. I just got a little ancie and put everything in. I still need to seal the edges and corners of the wiring chingadera with a little silicone and paint it to prevent rust. Then it will be done. :P

:)

damn you take everything the extra mile to make it perfect i love it! lol

will this be at the houston heatwave? i see your in san antonio??

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

damn you take everything the extra mile to make it perfect i love it! lol

will this be at the houston heatwave? i see your in san antonio??

I wanted to have it done for the San Antonio Heatwave show. If not then the Houston show. The Austin heatwave for sure, done or not. :)I'll pm you if I do go to the Houston show. :drinks:

nice work for using fluxcore :P

what gauge steel is that?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

where do you get thos rivnuts and the gun

The gun I got at Harbor Freight.

Rivenut Gun

The aluminum inserts the gun comes with are bullsh$t.

The steel rivenuts I ordered through Mc Master Carr.

Mc Master Carr

The Mc Master site doesn't allow for direct links so here are the part numbers to the inserts I use.

6-32 95105A115

8-32 95105A123

10-24 95105A127

1/4-20 95105A143

Hope this helps. :drinks:

nice work for using fluxcore :P

what gauge steel is that?

Haha. I guess my cheap butt needs to step up and buy a bottle. :P I used 16G steel for the wiring chingadera. :good:

This is an amazing build and an even more impressive build log. I've seen your product reviews and massively appreciate the time you are taking to show every little detail.

I particularly love the way you are thinking about this build at an individual wire level.

The reason I say all this is I am similarly anal (no offence see my build in my sig)

Also sqmonte (any relation?) is like minded with the detail in his thread - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/48038-project-sundown-designs-updated-4811-leds-installed/

Carry on the work so we can all learn!!

Daniel Brill-Edwards - Representing English Bassheads!!

Old Build Log - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94637-vw-golf-mk3-1996-build-from-england/

New build coming soon with SMD V1 #99

YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/brilledwards

This is an amazing build and an even more impressive build log. I've seen your product reviews and massively appreciate the time you are taking to show every little detail.

I particularly love the way you are thinking about this build at an individual wire level.

The reason I say all this is I am similarly anal (no offence see my build in my sig)

Also sqmonte (any relation?) is like minded with the detail in his thread - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/48038-project-sundown-designs-updated-4811-leds-installed/

Carry on the work so we can all learn!!

No relation to sqmonte, but with monte in his name you know it's got to be good. :P

10-4 good buddy, over and out.

Anyone for a random hole in the floor?

DSC03604.jpg

Well maybe not that random. This is where the power and ground cables will go through to connect to the amp.

DSC03605.jpg

After putting some reference marks I drilled and installed a few rivnuts. Got to love easy removal and re-installation. :P

DSC03606.jpg

I went a different route with the grommet plate. I dimpled the center of the hole locations with a center punch. Then followed up by using a hand punch to punch out the holes. It leaves a cleaner hole than using a drill, but it takes a bit of beans to punch through 16 gauge steel. :)

DSC03608.jpg

Here is the grommet plate in place. Another item checked off the things to do list. :woot:

DSC03610.jpg

Well I don't know how to church this up, so I'll just come out and say it. I got a bit ahead of myself and effed up. :( I got all excited about my wiring hold down bracket and wiring chingadera that I overlooked the fact that I need fuses before the battery bank. :noob:

I ditched the wiring hold down bracket and opted to mount my fuse holders in the same area on the cross-member. As you can see by the scribe makes it took a couple of tries before I liked what I saw.

DSC03612.jpg

The fuse holders were just a whisker too long to mount directly onto the cross-member, so I whipped up this little piece of fanciness. o_o

DSC03614.jpg

Here are the fuse holders in place. I'm glad I caught this before I cut and installed the power cables.

DSC03617.jpg

The rain finally decided to visit San Antonio, so I decided to wrap things up for the day with a little painting. Since these parts just need a simple coating for rust prevention I opted to use my speedy painter contraption. I'll let the pics do the talking. :P

DSC03621.jpg

DSC03624.jpg

:)

Archived