Guest MegaloManiac

ehh your worng

Turbo > supercharger

Turbo runs off of spent gases, where as a supercharger runs off a belt so it uses up power before it makes power.

Turbo ftw

im a performance newb. but i always thought Turbos were for imports & US cars were all about chargers...

also looks like there is no room for anything...

Posted Image

Lovin the car man. Dodge FTW but I'm waiting for the new Challenger next year. it's the sex with the Hemi!!!

HU: JVC KD-AVX1Speakers: Stock BlazerSub: 2 Mass Destruction Car Audio Sidewinder 12"Amp: Orion HCCA-D1200 @ 1ohm (600 RMS)Box: 3.0 cubes tuned to 35

ehh your worng

Turbo > supercharger

Turbo runs off of spent gases, where as a supercharger runs off a belt so it uses up power before it makes power.

Turbo ftw

turbos have lag supposebly, but i am a muscle man, so supercharger for me, no little imports here.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

its is true that turbo doesnt need power to produce power but in some cases a supercharger can be faster. centrifugal superchargers produce some mass power with little gas consumption. its kinda of hard to do either for that car. turbos would be really hard to plant in that car and heat will become a giant issue. if you want to do a supercharger, itll sit ontop of the block meaning you may need a new hood tho if you do get a new hood and its forced inducted into the supercharger then youre going to get one green mean killing machine.

turbos have lag supposebly, but i am a muscle man, so supercharger for me, no little imports here.

mm lol youd be surprised how those little turbo imports will blow the socks off a big muscle car. turbos will only have lag depending on how big your ego is (as my friend put it to me one way) if you get the biggest turbo charger out there without a second one then youll get massive lag but once it kicks in, itll rocket. what alot of people do is either they get a medium sized turbo which wont give you as much power and will lag on low rpms but kick on around 3k rpm and rocket or they get twin turbos so there is essentially no lag. the small turbo will kick on at low rpms and the big turbo will kick on at higher rpms which is pretty nice but a twin turbo system can get pretty pricey. imo i like turbos better because you can still get sweet gas mileage if you can trick the turbo to not spool. with a supercharger, youre going to get like 10mpg all the time no matter if youre racing or just daily driving, its constantly running. plus turbos sound cool with bovs while superchargers just have a high pitched whine to them.

Archived