Sonic Electronix

Car battery goes down sometimes, need help

Hello. I have a Hummer H2, which I bought and already had an audio system installed, I don't know the specifications, but I can basically say what it has and post some pics so you can have an idea:

4 small tvs on the back seats, 1 tv on the roof, and 1 Alpine LCD Dvd player

4 Subwoofers

2 amplifiers

1 playstation

dsc00974ja.jpg

dsc00970r.jpg

dsc00963q.jpg

dsc00962g.jpg

dsc00955n.jpg

dsc00954al.jpg

dsc00956in.jpg

Sometimes, when I don't turn on the car for 2 or 3 days, the battery just goes down, and the car won't start. I've tested the battery and they say the battery is good, but maybe the audio system with the car turned off, draws a lot of battery, and my car battery isn't enough to handle it. I'm a complete noob on this, so I don't know how this works, I'm completely clueless.

Here is a picture of my current battery:

img0163yw.jpg

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

you probably have a parasitic load. do any of your amps/headunit/screens/playstation stay on after you turn the car off?

Hello. Nothing stays on, I don't even have remotes for the playstation, I don't think it was ever played. lol

Or do you play your system/ watch movies with the car off?

Never do that because I'm afraid the battery will go down.

whats your voltage with car on? get a volt meter hooked up and check what the battery rests at with car off

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Could be the battery, If it's old or been abused at all, especially under a load like that, it may not be able to hold its charge anymore. Especially if it's been killed/jumped a lot.

The other thing is to find any parasitic loads, which can be a pain, just check all your components....

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

how many batteries and what kinda are in there... all those tvs and the small system a single stock battery isnt gonna work

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

there is ur problem it to much current being pulling off that battery... and prob on a stock alt...

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick: