Sundown Audio

Wiring Question... Got another one

Ludachris5150

I got a RF2002 powering a pair of crescendo 5.25's and the tweeters. Right now I have it wired 50 x 2 @ 4ohms. The crescendos are rated around 85-90watts each side I believe, And right now the gain has to be damn near maxd out for the to get loud. The amp says itll do 200x1 @ 4ohms briged. Would it be better to bridge them and baby the gains. Or leave it wired how it is and have the gain maxd out???

Rebuild in progress...

i say buy a new amp.... just bc if you maxed out the amp (which is a bad thing) ur prob clipping like a sumbish...

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

You can't wire two 4ohm loads to 4 ohm bridged, you'll have to just get a more powerful amplifier. As king said, if you're putting your gains near max, you're problaby clipping! Gain does not equal volume!

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

bridging a 2 channel amp to run your mids and highs would make for a really interesting front stage.

I wired my four 6.5's to a 2chan bridged (400wrms), sounded decent. Switched to a 4 channel running the same power, instant and noticable audible difference in quality

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

bridging a 2 channel amp to run your mids and highs would make for a really interesting front stage.

I wired my four 6.5's to a 2chan bridged (400wrms), sounded decent. Switched to a 4 channel running the same power, instant and noticable audible difference in quality

i'm just saying...a mono front stage is bad.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Im guna be switchn it out for a decent 4 channel as soon as it warms up and I go back to work. It was just a thought, And since I dont know much about front stages n all that I thought Id ask. thanks tho

Im trying to understand more about components n all that. So say I had an amp that did 50x2 @ 4ohms, And 100x2 @ 2ohms. What would I need to do to have a 2ohm load? Just buy 2ohm speakers and wire them the same way? Jus + & - for each channel like normal?

Rebuild in progress...

Archived