Sonic Electronix

i know it can handle 400RMS, but what is REALLY the max they can handle. what is yours set @? got 2 of them. playing it more safe than sorry and 400rms each for now.

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

Pioneer AVH-p5700DVD | MB Quart Onyx ONX4.125 | 6.5 Alpine Type-S component & 6x9 3-way | Hifonics Brutus brz1700.1d | 2 - 12" Kicker L7 | Custom box tuned to 36 hz | 220A Mechman Alternator | 1/0 OFC Welding all the way back | Big 3 | 2 Farad Tsunami Cap | Deka 9a34 | 20% Tint | 6000K HIDs | Yellow Projector Fogs | Dual Out Magnaflow

i know it can handle 400RMS, but what is REALLY the max they can handle. what is yours set @? got 2 of them. playing it more safe than sorry and 400rms each for now.

when i say max they can handle, im not really asking the max as far as peak goes. the maximum continuous wattage they can handle.

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

Pioneer AVH-p5700DVD | MB Quart Onyx ONX4.125 | 6.5 Alpine Type-S component & 6x9 3-way | Hifonics Brutus brz1700.1d | 2 - 12" Kicker L7 | Custom box tuned to 36 hz | 220A Mechman Alternator | 1/0 OFC Welding all the way back | Big 3 | 2 Farad Tsunami Cap | Deka 9a34 | 20% Tint | 6000K HIDs | Yellow Projector Fogs | Dual Out Magnaflow

if the signal is clean, id say maybe 100 extra, maybe a little more. i put a friends cvx on my colossus and i know i was running more than the rated 1000rms to it, took it nicely. just make sure youre not clipping. that = instant death!

Edited by dugee81

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

hmmmmm. you could probably get away with 800 watts each. Since my kicker comps survived all the clipping we gave them. Kicker makes good products and i know people who have put more that rated to them daily.

is it smart? no

Edited by Carroot1
mJzD9.png

if you go for more wattage man then make sure that signal is clean man and not clipped its usually what kills a wooofer

i would say not more then 500-600 watts with 600 really pushing it

Edited by Beanz
That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.