CaptainzPlanetz Posted February 13, 2011 Report Posted February 13, 2011 don't really trust ebay What reason do you have to not trust ebay? All it is is smart shopping if you know what you are looking for. to many scams That's what seller ratings are for. cool ill try it Look for top-rated sellers, or even if they arent, if they had made 100's or sales and have a super good rating, you should feel safe getting it from them. ¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ Trolls never learn............ All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls. YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS? Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.
fecupe2001 Posted February 13, 2011 Report Posted February 13, 2011 I lost 0.9 dbs in the explorer because of deadning, so sometimes it doesn´t mean you´ll get louder, but yes i do agree it sounds way better when you don´t have those annoying rattles! I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion! 2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/ 8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/
dangerick18 Posted February 19, 2011 Report Posted February 19, 2011 Are you serious? I added Dynamat Xtreme and used 3 trunk kits. It was the best investment I've made. On my next car I'm gonna add deadening first before upgrading anything because it makes such a drastic difference. Even if you have the LOUDEST bass you WILL get mocked by everyone if you have rattles, whether those people know about car audio or not. That's my opinion. If it's not clean, it is also more annoying to people around you and damages your hearing more. There's a lot of people out there with beginner systems that are loud - or give the impression that they're loud - due to how much sheet metal is rattling. And it DOES sound really loud because the rattling hits your ears uncomfortably... If you were to add deadening, not only would that same system sound almost twice as loud, but it feels GOOD and just feels *right* in your ear. It's comfortable and pure pressure. The bass is MUCH tighter, and the subs are way more accurate than I thought they were. Rock used to sound like shit with a ported box - I found out ported boxes are actually very accurate with proper deadening. The bass actually matches the speakers (especially the front, that's all I use for proper sound staging). The timing of the bass with the mids/highs is important to how you interpret the sound. In the past, the bass was loudest behind me. After adding deadening, ALL of the bass flies to the front (which is good because I have a Chrysler 300m, and that's a boat). So if I'm in an intersection you can bet everyone in the intersection hears it. Of course I have respect for people and only bump it in wide open areas. Never at night, never at stop lights, never by elementary schools, etc. With great power comes great responsibility. A lot of people that hate "boom cars" hate the bass aspect, but the rattling makes it worse. If it's clean, chances are they might respect you a little more. Mostly because the bass stays IN the car better unless you open up the windows. I can play it as loud as I want with the windows closed and it doesn't sound nearly as loud on the outside next to it as a smaller system with rattles. Then I crack open the windows and the sound flows out like liquid. I can control how much people outside of me hear (if I want them to). I usually have em open a crack anyways because the sound pressure increases... But if I want to show off I can open the windows, and when I'm done simply close the windows and go back to "stealth" mode. Either way, the bass goes pretty far, and with the windows open it goes a lot farther - except without deadening it's the rattles that tend to go farther and drown out the music. Sometimes, I'll demonstrate to people around me the difference in loudness simply by opening or closing my windows - at that point they know you have some serious power *and/or* deadening. I think that's the best thing you can ever do. I easily gained 3db by doing my front doors, whole trunk, and rear deck. And it's clean as hell, not one rattle, when in the past the rattling used to make me sick. The bass stays in the car and you feel the sound pressure way more than without it... When the bitches are in your car, they LOVE it. You'd be surprised how many girls are picky about sound quality. Rattles are severely annoying and hurt my ears. You can get the best of both worlds with sound deadening... No joke. You can get superb sound quality with average speakers, because it's usually the resonance that can give one the impression of average quality anyways. You can get louder and higher DB's from your existing equipment, and more accurate notes. You can control how loud it is inside and outside of your car at any given time by opening and closing the windows. You can drive around with lower road and engine noise like an expensive luxury car. You can hear your passengers talking much easier. You can have better heat and cold insulation in the winter and summer. You can ultimately control getting a ticket or not. Or getting respect from car audio buffs or not. It can't get better than that...
ryderonthestorm Posted February 19, 2011 Report Posted February 19, 2011 Sound deadening made a world of difference in my ride. The trunk rattles were bad on my lincoln town car before I deadened it with 3 layers of Dynamat Extreme. Now there are no rattles and it made the lows sound tight and louder inside my car. And when I deadened my door panels it felt like I was in a recording studio, all outside noise was damn near completely cut out. So in my opinion sound deadening is absolutely worth it. 1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series DC Power 270 Amp Alt Big 3 Kicker/KnuKonceptz 0 Gauge Power wire XS Power D6500 XS Power D3100 Pioneer Headunit JBL Mids and Highs Rockford Fosgate 400.4 3 Sundown Audio SA-10's wired @ .67 ohms American Bass 150.1
TeamHT Posted February 19, 2011 Report Posted February 19, 2011 Lol...3dbs deadening doors alone eh? Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
korey_hofer Posted February 19, 2011 Report Posted February 19, 2011 Lol...3dbs deadening doors alone eh? it is possible, not probable but can happen. I can tell you right now my truck at mid to high 140's looked like I doors made of water. deadening will help my car out a lot previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme. I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.