Sonic Electronix

i just finished installing my new KICKER component sets with a brand new kicker IX amp and when i first started everything up it sounded AMAZING so clear and soo loud.

but then as we were finished neating up all the wires and decided to move the jeep outside as it was time to go home we heard this weird noise coming from the 2 speakers and the 2 tweeters installed. i thought it was nothing at first because it wasnt really too loud but as i started to drive it got louder. ive never had this problem before.

the way i installed my amp is:

positive from front battery to the amp with a 100 amp fuse

negative from front battery to the amp

spliced remote wire

and monster RCA 400 series

i don't know what the problem is only thing i can think of is it could be either negative wire should be grounded and brought back up to the amp or the remote wire? the speakers are all wired right

input in from amp then out to speakers, and tweeters

if anymore information is required please let me know or if you know what the problem might be and the gain is below half and the 0db-100db is set to 0 and also with the 50hz-250hz

any suggestions will be appreciated

I'm guessing that the 0-100db is meant to be 0-10db and would be the bass boost, And the other would be the HPF? What's the gain set at? What other stuff are you using?

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

what is 0-100db? and 50-250hz? where are these settings? sounds like alternator whine or something like that. do you have a pioneer headunit?

Yah all of those settings are turned down 0db and 50 hertz, and yes I have a pioneer avic 700bt and gain is below half

I'm guessing that the 0-100db is meant to be 0-10db and would be the bass boost, And the other would be the HPF? What's the gain set at? What other stuff are you using?

Pioneer avic 700bt and 2 optimas and 1 xs D5100, 1 270 XP DC alternator

Its possible that you have the "Pico Fuse" problem with your Pioneer head unit since this started after you reran your cables. Should be able to just ground the outside of your rca connectors on your headunit. Google "Pioneer Pico Fuse" and you will probably find pictures on how it looks.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

Its possible that you have the "Pico Fuse" problem with your Pioneer head unit since this started after you reran your cables. Should be able to just ground the outside of your rca connectors on your headunit. Google "Pioneer Pico Fuse" and you will probably find pictures on how it looks.

That things looks really complicated, the high pass and low pass can't fix this?

That things looks really complicated, the high pass and low pass can't fix this?

if its alternator whine, it's basically gonna b there regardless of the settings until the issue is fixed.. another thing to check is (i know u said u neatened ur wires but still) that ur rca's and ur power cable r touching as little as possible by the amps. my simple fix in the last car.. i pushed it over a little and bam!! no noise

Edited by 8000watts

if its alternator whine, it's basically gonna b there regardless of the settings until the issue is fixed.. another thing to check is (i know u said u neatened ur wires but still) that ur rca's and ur power cable r touching as little as possible by the amps. my simple fix in the last car.. i pushed it over a little and bam!! no noise

I'll try that I guess but the monster 400 series are protected by a jacket which cancels the noise from wires touching eachother