Second Skin Audio

thinking about grabbing some

i am looking into getting some sound deadener. i have never used anything before like this so i thought i would try it. i want to put a layer in the back of my truck cause i think the rear panels are rattling now that i have 1200 watts back there. my truck is a 98 f150 extended cab. the one on my avatar just want your opinions as to how much i would need. thanks

as much as you can afford in most cases ive been advised to start with like 8 0 sqft start with one layer on the roof and the back wall and they use what you have left over to put more layers in those areas or on the inside of the doors "usually" the floor has some deadener on it already or the metal and really thick so its not a necessity to put it on the floor

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

well ok. another quick question. i see people use it on their doors a lot but on my doors the inside of the door like were the glass is i cant get into that to put deadener on. so would i just put it on the door panel as its off? or the outer metal on the door?

you can put it on the outer metal but i would think that it would help more on the inner metal even if you on got small pieces in there try cutting really small pieces and squeezing your hand in there to get something on the inside

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

lol yup most doors are a bitch but getting both inner and outer panels helps alot

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

damn that sucks... i was lucky enough to have decent sized holes so it wasnt that bad

llp.jpg

a couple cars i've done i've wished i could have been like mine :trippy:

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer