I was just wondering how everyone else felt about this. If I had the skill to fabricate I would do everything from stereo to body work to interior to suspension. But I do not have all those skills. But I believe I would try most before I would spend the money to pay someone else. Even if I where rich I still believe I would rather do it myself

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

Look up how to do it online and find a good write up on it and go from there

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

^ yea but i your not gonna be able to do something as good as someone else is thats been doing it for 20 plus years just by looking it up on line, they have years and years of learning and perfecting there mess ups

Edited by zachfowler222

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

I agree my time is more important but myself I will try it once and if I blow it up then I will pay someone. But I would trade any amount of money to have some of the fab skills some people on this forum have.

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

Im not saying he will get 20+ year exp off the web but he can get a idea if he can do it at hone or take it 2 a shop

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

When it comes to things like glassing, body work, or building boxes, i'd try it myself over and over again until I get it right. But when it comes to parts that cost some serious money, I'm not gonna go play around and risk fucking something up. As much as I'd love to do it myself, its better to go ahead and pay a proffessional to do it right. And its even better if they let you watch, or give you a tutorial while they work!

mivtCK.png

I do everything on my own, and learn by experience. Of course reading, discussion, and research helps but you'll never get it by research alone. Work is a requirement. Being an Alaska resident where we have no competitors, competitions, or the ease of meeting people like you have in the lower 48 it gets pretty difficult.

It is how I learned to weld, paint, buff, fabricate, wire, mold...matter of fact I built my own platform bed as well.

Now, not hating on anyone who pays for their install, a sick set up is a sick set up. BUT! I guarantee they will never experience the level of satisfaction I do when completing a set up, and playing it for random people who recognize any of my vehicles and the compliments just throw me over the top. Recognition for my blood, sweat, and sometimes tears makes everything worthwhile.

Like its been said, sometimes its a matter of personal time available and cost efficiency. But I couldn't do it. I am Team Head Turners, lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

^ yea but i your not gonna be able to do something as good as someone else is thats been doing it for 20 plus years just by looking it up on line, they have years and years of learning and perfecting there mess ups

You have to start somewhere.

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

i used to do everything myself until the amount of time it would take me to do it just wassnt worth it.

ex. to just change my oil i would have to go to the store and buy oil and a catch. spend time changing my oil, then get the oil properly disposed... that could take over 2 hours. when i could just go to jiffy lube and get it done in 15 mins. that time saved it worth the 10 bucks i would of saved doing it myself but in actuality i loose money cause if i spent that time working i could pay for 10 oil changes.

shitty thing... i was an installer built tons of boxes and i had someone build my box i designed. he did a good job. but again he needs the money and the cost to time just didnt make sense for me to build my own box.

Edited by dohckiller808