Second Skin Audio

Some Enclosure Help Please

JordanSchumaker

Im going to be buying 2 AQ SDC 12s and i couldnt find the specs involving what the space should be per sub ported. So i would like some help and would this box be alright for those subs?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Atrend+-+12%22+Dual+Ported+Subwoofer+Enclosure+-+Black/9041075.p?id=1218011770155&skuId=9041075

I know bestbuy sucks lol but its just easier and less exspensive to just run up to the store and buy one of these? I searched a little bit on sonic electronix and crutchfield but i was lost because i didnt know ow big i should go with the box.

Thank you.

The SDC's like somewhat larger boxes. I wouldn't go with 1.9ft^3 per sub unless you're throwing a good deal more than rated power at each, like 1kw. 2.25-2.5ft^3 seems to work well if you're using rated power. Tuning just depends on your vehicle and what kinda of response you're after. I'd be weary of buying a box that didn't have the tuning included in the details...

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

where do you live? i might be able to build you one.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

Im going to be buying 2 AQ SDC 12s and i couldnt find the specs involving what the space should be per sub ported. So i would like some help and would this box be alright for those subs?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Atrend+-+12%22+Dual+Ported+Subwoofer+Enclosure+-+Black/9041075.p?id=1218011770155&skuId=9041075

I know bestbuy sucks lol but its just easier and less exspensive to just run up to the store and buy one of these? I searched a little bit on sonic electronix and crutchfield but i was lost because i didnt know ow big i should go with the box.

Thank you.

Does someone know what this box is tuned to?

On my cell and looking at the picture I'm going to guess 43hz. Although it is pretty hard to just know what the tuning is without knowing any of the specs

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

On my cell and looking at the picture I'm going to guess 43hz. Although it is pretty hard to just know what the tuning is without knowing any of the specs

Yeah it dosent give any specs of the port or what its tuned to so thats one reason im kinda scared to buy a prefab box but i dont know how much it would cost me to have someone build and ship me one.

Archived