Tigs Grand Prix Build

I did some tuning today and got the clipping light to go out for the most part but I noticed that when my trunk is opened it is WAY louder. I suppose this means I am gonna need to seal off the trunk? If so what is the best way to do this without using spray foam? I want this to look as good as possible and also I want to be able to take the box out if I have to. Shit has me so aggravated and the next show is coming up quick. you guys have any advice?

Since were all having a moment of truth.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

I got my clipping light figured out for the most part but I found that when my trunk is opened the bass gets a shit ton louder. So i decided to do some investigating and I found out where all my air is going into the trunk from.

2011-05-11_10-14-25_168.jpg

2011-05-11_10-14-12_513.jpg

So I started sealing all this shit up. I dont have pics of yet but I will by the end of the day.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

Looking Good. If you lightly tack some plastic along the box and the carpet you can use spray foam and not ruin the trunk.

To truly be happy your gonna want to seal around the box and the rear deck. If you dont do this then your gonna be happiest with sub facing the rear.

Im going to seal it up just not sure the direction Im going to go to do it.

I got the entire rear deck sealed up and put back together. Ups man brought me my cold air intake today so I can make room for my second battery.

Also for the giant square hole I used card board and duct tape

2011-05-11_15-19-41_695.jpg

2011-05-11_15-19-26_277.jpg

I hate country too..

Looking Good. If you lightly tack some plastic along the box and the carpet you can use spray foam and not ruin the trunk.

To truly be happy your gonna want to seal around the box and the rear deck. If you dont do this then your gonna be happiest with sub facing the rear.

Ben Ahn was telling me about you. Said you had the same car and knew a lot about them. Thanks for chiming in. I plan to seal the box from the trunk Im just looking for the best way to do so. I was looking into adding foam to the sides of the box. The top will seal and I already sealed the rear deck. I dont want to use the spray foam if I dont have to at first. Im gonna try a few things and see what I can come up with. What is your setup? Ben was telling me but I dont remember now. I know he said you were doing some good numbers. Off what I am running and assuming I seal it off, any idea what numbers I should expect to see?

I hate country too..

Worked on the gp today. Got a lot done and got me a sunburn. I got the cold air intake done and second battery in. Looks pretty good.

2011-05-13_12-57-26_309.jpg

Second battery hooked up and working.

What do you all think?

Byw cold air intake was bought new for a ford focus. We used to own one and I knew they had long ram intake for them so thats what I got.

I hate country too..

They are boss 318's and I love them

thank btw

I hate country too..

Archived