Second Skin Audio

4 Alpine type R's in a 7.2 Cu-NET box too small?

i have no idea . some guy built it for me. :/ soo i couldnt really tell you...

Orion 2500D , 2-10" alpine type X. Custom enclosure,
Alpine amp for mids and highs.
Working on a center channel ATM

just let me know how i could tune it lower because im prob gonna build tomarrow...

7.5-8ft^3 common chamber, tuned to 32-33hz with about 100-110in^2 of port.

If you want to tune your box lower, then you need to lengthen the port. This also takes up more box volume, which requires more port length as well, so it's like a little circle that makes it hard to lower tuning without losing a good chunk of box volume.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

i moved it to enclosures. and yes im thinking of making the box abit bigger as well. i was gonna make the port longer by 3 inches or so to get it tunned lower

What model Type-Rs are they.

and btw, why is everyone so obsessed with tuning in the mid 30's? im tuned low 20's, i can play everything i want, it all sounds good, and its loud as fuck, because i actually know how to design a decent enclosure.

OP, what model type r's are they, i will give you a free design, that will sound alot better than what you did, no offence.

Edited by BanginOnABudget

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

What model Type-Rs are they.

and btw, why is everyone so obsessed with tuning in the mid 30's? im tuned low 20's, i can play everything i want, it all sounds good, and its loud as fuck, because i actually know how to design a decent enclosure.

OP, what model type r's are they, i will give you a free design, that will sound alot better than what you did, no offence.

Fs of the sub tends to be in or close to the 30+ hz range. Keep the tuning of the box close to the FS of the sub and it'll perform like it should. I don't know what you're running but your theory would fall on its face with low cone area setups... single 8, single 10....

EDIT: You're running about 216 sq inches of cone ... assuming you have 2 12s. An 18 has about 250 and a 15 has about 180... Your jeep probably has a resonant frequency in the 40 hz range. Tune higher... I'm willing to bet rock on your system is muddy because kick drum is around the 50 hz range. Playing 25+ hz out of tuning isn't going to sound good.

Edited by Blackedout

1 new new one 2010 version and 3 2009 version. i want the same same design as the picture above. with same dimensions. 30-32hz is fine for me i dont think i need to hit lower than that and i need the plans before 3 oclock eastern time.