It would help. But only if you have a custom tune made to go along with the cam swap, preferably tuning on a dyno. What car is this for?

thunderbird and i dont i was really looking for some ways to make some hps and my valves are bad so i just thought that it would what do you think i could get? exhaust,headers,intake and i just ordered a bbk throttle body it will be in monday

Go with Crowler stage 3, with their upgraded springs to match.

It will open a new powerband and they claim good numbers from the upgrade.

Plus they have a nasty idle. Which is always good. ;)

But regardless this isn't the best site to ask for advise on car performance.

But more info on what your car/truck you have. As it will determind which route you should go for.

Unless you replace the bad parts with stock replacements, you will need to retune the ecu for it to run right. If your car is a 96 or newer, its just an easy(but not cheap) flash tune. Im sure about older stuff. Depending on your budget, I would say new heads, the cam swap, cold air intake, and exhaust upgrade. The throttle body is a good addition.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

If ur in ca i gotta power programmer that can help u for a 99 crown vix or any 99 panther platform

My engines out rite now u can get bolt up cams no tuning involed from comp cams for 650

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Unless you replace the bad parts with stock replacements, you will need to retune the ecu for it to run right. If your car is a 96 or newer, its just an easy(but not cheap) flash tune. Im sure about older stuff. Depending on your budget, I would say new heads, the cam swap, cold air intake, and exhaust upgrade. The throttle body is a good addition.

my car is a 1995 ford thunderbird and it is stock im trying to get it running right now but i was gonna get the cam set if it was good because it came with valves

Honestly, you would be better off with complete PI head kits with PI intake. This will gain more than just cams on the non PI heads.

Unless you want to do both head/cam/intake upgrade, then get bare heads with values, and build them to match your cam specs.

But in your shoes PI heads/intake would be the better upgrade than just cams. IMO. And I wouldn't think you need a tune, but I'm not sure. But with cams you need one regardless.

Edited by Ford302Redneck

Yes, the P.I conversion is the best thing you could do for really great hp numbers in a non P.I engine. You should reflash your ecu because the difference in cam and head flow. Look through Summit racing they have them for around $1000 for the kit. It's worth every penny!

"i'd rather die like a man than live like a coward" quoted from Tupac