Sundown Audio

Audioque AQ750 released!

hdorre

I would prefer a JL Audio 500/1 wired at 4ohm (same power at 1.5-4ohm & from 11-14.4v -THD <0.05% @ 4ohm, Damping >500 @ 4ohm) over a AQ amplifier that puts out 1000wrms at 14.4, at 1ohm, with horrible specs...

Kk, get the JL then..it doesn't make a difference to me. This thread was to "spread the word" about the new AQ amp, not be a vs thread against overpriced equipment.

Are you done now? If so, you can gtfo my thread B)

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Is it a sacrifice when the cost of what you would like to do far exceeds practical applications? I may not be an expert on high end equipment, but have had more than my share of experience doing my own installation. I can see now where your tastes lie, but must say SQ isn't for everyone. I love a clean system, but am far from an SQ guy. I could honestly care less about the damping, and power output at 1%, 5%, and 10%.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Is it a sacrifice when the cost of what you would like to do far exceeds practical applications? I may not be an expert on high end equipment, but have had more than my share of experience doing my own installation. I can see now where your tastes lie, but must say SQ isn't for everyone. I love a clean system, but am far from an SQ guy. I could honestly care less about the damping, and power output at 1%, 5%, and 10%.

X2 there's no way in hell I would spend way more than I need to when I can get equivalent or better for a better price.

My point is you have ALOT of amplifiers to choose from. Yes the AQ are cheap & the money for actual watts are pretty good...

I've owned ALOT of equipment & installed customers equipment for many, many years. I know humans don't have the best memory when it comes to sound...

BUT

Working with "High End" equipment for many years & pulling out cheap equipment, you understand WHY some equipment costs more..

Example... I would prefer a JL Audio 500/1 wired at 4ohm (same power at 1.5-4ohm & from 11-14.4v -THD <0.05% @ 4ohm, Damping >500 @ 4ohm) over a AQ amplifier that puts out 1000wrms at 14.4, at 1ohm, with horrible specs...

I'm sure these are pretty close in wattage, even though they are rated different...

I guess what makes some amps stand out is when they are under load... When amps are driving to the max, some stay strong, some do not... I would like to see a comparison between these two amps, not just SPL numbers but between 2-3 people listening...

I used that example because you can buy them off ebay for $150-200 range..

Anyways, spend you money how you want... Just trying to figure out why sacrifice so much quality for little wattage gain?? Could you answer that?

i dont understand what your saying? You'd prefer the JL500 watt amp over the AQ1200D because why? I don't understand why you would prefer that amp over aq. Aq would be louder and just as clean. "little wattage gain" :nea: according to those specs the aq is literally double the JL 500.

mJzD9.png

Forget it. Lol

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)

I knew mentioning JL would ruffle some feathers...

TeamHT EVERYBODY loves great SQ. (Not the crazy volvo guys who listen to jazz, etc) I mean LOUD, CLEAN, CLEAR systems.. We all sacrifice this with extremely high power systems... But you don't have too in this case... Maybe if this amp was $100, then ok..save some money..

I like my system LOUD, very loud....I've had 3 149+db systems, all in trunks of 4dr cars...

I guess I just want people to realize that for a SMALL wattage loss (probably the same), you can have ONE of the best SOUNDING class D amps ever..

The AQ costs the same as a 500/1, you can not only get GREAT SQ BUT also near the same power output... then add the flexibility to run at different ohms, different voltages & not sacrifice wattage....

Which AQ are you referring to?

And I have to disagree, a clean system with great sounds is not the same as a SQ setup. Different beasts entirely. I've built 153+ out of the trunk with my highest score 157.6 on music non walled in my silverado. I have numbers too. But find me the largest JL amp and look at its price, and them compare to the AQ3500, sundown 2500, 3000, crescendo 3kw, RF T4000 and T2500.

I can see the JL being a good amp, but price needs to be factored, also JL up here in Alaska is NOT cheap. I can understand shipping but it is a rip off. I am rebuilding now planning on walling three DC level 5s with 15000rms. That sure is a lot of JL 500.1s just for damping and sq....where its really not going to matter.

What does this amp put out at a realistic voltage, 12-13v??? around 600-750ish?

Remember this is a 750w amplifier at 1% THD at 1ohm...

Then you gain 250w at the same ohm, but it adds 4% THD = 250 extra watts...

so if 4% THD gives me 250w rms, what if we rated all amps at 5% THD then?? I'm sure ALOT of other decent brands would sell ALOT MORE!!!

Not JL, but Kicker, Memphis, RF, etc.... take their 1% rating & change it to 5%...

Now they are higher wattage for less money :)

all i'm saying is go with a brand that your ABLE to buy in a store... They can't just screw you over, they have a brand name to protect, a reputation, a history of this great industry... not somebody re-badging power acoustik amps & making profit on consumers that don't know any better.... that's wrong in my eyes..

And last I checked, the JL500.1 was like...$400 before shipping. This isn't a case of a little bit more, you're looking at more than double the cost for lower output bit with damping and thd to your liking.

Archived