Sonic Electronix

So here's my question, do you guys think they are worth it for the money? I'm not running anything huge(aq2200d and aq4x90) but, I've been considering finding another aq2200. I'm on a pretty tight budget and I need a couple of batteries in the rear(need at least one as it is now). Also, I have a commercial account at advance and tons of cores laying around so, I can get them just a little cheaper. Would it be worth it or should I go with another company? Been looking at xs for a little while.

In my own personal experience with them, I've had several (10+) YT's over the years, with a few going bad... And the one red top I owned lasted for about 8 months, then it looked preggo...

May I ask why you're getting rid of the XS Nick?

i cant sustain a 14v system. the batteries need to see 16.9 volts which i just cant do. too much to get it to run that high..i got no hate towards XS...i ran their product on several different occasions and each time has been a pleasure

If you are going with Optima you would be crazy to go with a red top for a car audio application since they are not covered under warranty for car audio. Tests have shown with Optima the older the better when purchasing.

yea i went and got the YT 34/78

Nick I would def go with the yellow top if you are switching out. I had my yellowtop and it was a tank. Did you ever consider the blue tops? From what I have heard marine batteries are awsome for audio

yep...i went w the YT

yea im calling around and the cheapest so far has been $201 including the core charge and thats from Autozone..fuckin advanced autoparts wants to charge like 20 bucks more..FUCK THAT

what nice about these Batts is a 3 year warranty

im bout to make a call to wally world-nerr mind they dont carry them

Yellow tops here at advanced auto are 179.99, and pepboys (dunno If you have one of them where you are) for 167.99 for d34/78 yellow tops

i got mine from pepboys for 169.99 plus the 12 dollar core charge so it was 181.99

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

I have 2 redtops, one in my daily driver and one in my S-10. The one on my daily driver is 6 years old and the one in my truck is 4 years old. They have been excellent batteries and never let me down. I think batteries are just like alternators if you think about it, your gonna hear some people say " " battery is great never let me down, while some others will say oh they're terrible never had good luck with them. Same thing with alts not 100% of the experiences are gonna be great but overall I think Optimas are pretty damn good and wouldn't still be used as much as they are if they were complete shit

TDH FTW !!!

Im also looking into batteries and im wondering if these would be good choice in a batt bank in the rear. Id run one up front and 2 in the back. Or wouuld there be a better battrey?

2000 Grand Marquis

Digital Designs 9512

Rockford T2000bd1

how many watts can u run with a yellow top and stock 70amp alt?

or would it be good to run as a secondary battery inline wit my duralast gold top battery?

my stinger is shit and ive heard nothing but good things about the yt optima and im considering getting one for a starter/system battery, would it sustane 1000rms or will it be better for inline wit duralast gold?

why im asking is i wont upgrade power for a while so a good single battery will give me more options in how im gunna do my setup

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

or would it be good to run as a secondary battery inline wit my duralast gold top battery?

my stinger is shit and ive heard nothing but good things about the yt optima and im considering getting one for a starter/system battery, would it sustane 1000rms or will it be better for inline wit duralast gold?

why im asking is i wont upgrade power for a while so a good single battery will give me more options in how im gunna do my setup

You should really get a stronger alt, and if moneys tight the boneyard always has higher amp alt's laying around. A YT added will always help and at a 1000 that should be fine. I've sucked a Mmats 3000.5 on just one in the whole car with a 140 amp alt and it did just fine with never a hickup but that was just fro daily use.

You should really get a stronger alt, and if moneys tight the boneyard always has higher amp alt's laying around. A YT added will always help and at a 1000 that should be fine. I've sucked a Mmats 3000.5 on just one in the whole car with a 140 amp alt and it did just fine with never a hickup but that was just fro daily use.

ya mine is gunna be daily too, and by boneyard u mean juckyard?

i think teh t100 has a 120amp alt i think, i might try n see if i can get mine rewound to around 140amps

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

ya mine is gunna be daily too, and by boneyard u mean juckyard?

i think teh t100 has a 120amp alt i think, i might try n see if i can get mine rewound to around 140amps

yeah sorry i call them boneyards, but yes a junkie's got a lot to choose find one off a V8 or it there is a guy around that rewindes them have the stock one up'd

honestly i think they are good batts, i bought a redtop and 2 stinger terminals out of my friends truck for 5 bucks so if it works ill be happy with my 5 buck batt if not its 5 bucks oh well but he had it and it ran strong for like 6 months and still was running strong when he sold it to me :)

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

I had a d34/78 under the hood of my excursion then flipped it sideways and had 2 yellow tops in the battery bank. Go with the yellow

I see ya already did! Lol are you going to be selling your xs batts on here?

aaaa.png

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"

Archived