Sonic Electronix

i know a good amount of differences between the 2. but i just wanna see what others say what they think is better for the audio world. im thinking the yellow top for starting my truck and for the electrical advantages of the deep cycle and what not but someone else strongly suggests the Red top for starting the truck and leaving the back batteries for the amps. the other person is a VERY reliable source but i just wanna see what others gotta say

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

nick i run yellow tops. starting and in my bank. I may just be anal retentive and they all need to be the same. I also ran a dual batt setup in my old cavalier with two yellows for right around 6 yrs with no issues.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

thanks Nate

i had a yellow top from when i was 16..ran the FUCK out of it for like 4 years let it sit in my garage for a year with friends using it on and off from time to time. then sat in my garage for another year now its in my friends car and he uses it everyday and it still works great...im contemplating going with the yellow top for under the hood and my "upgrade" in the back

NoFearX18 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

thought you had XS in your rig? You'll hear alot of people say that they are just not designed for car audio and have a low recharge rate. Well I dont drive my truck often and can keep them on a charger when i need to so it doesnt really bother me.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I have used a yellow top as a starter battery forever and is great cause of the deep core charge it has. Red tops are great for racing and off-road cause they has very fast discharge and they make good beginer bank amp for the price. But as I see this post as a "starter" choice right? If so then a yellow top is a perfect choice IMO. Mines been through six cars over 7 years and it still works great and charges up to around 90% still. Truely a battery worth it's weight. Hope that helps. Stay Loud!!

thought you had XS in your rig? You'll hear alot of people say that they are just not designed for car audio and have a low recharge rate. Well I dont drive my truck often and can keep them on a charger when i need to so it doesnt really bother me.

yea but the XS is coming out.

I have used a yellow top as a starter battery forever and is great cause of the deep core charge it has. Red tops are great for racing and off-road cause they has very fast discharge and they make good beginer bank amp for the price. But as I see this post as a "starter" choice right? If so then a yellow top is a perfect choice IMO. Mines been through six cars over 7 years and it still works great and charges up to around 90% still. Truely a battery worth it's weight. Hope that helps. Stay Loud!!

thats pretty much what its for but its still gonna be hooked to the back battery bank

NoFearX18 said:

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

can you run a red top and a yellow top tegether? onefor starting other for audio ? i already have a redtop and i want to get a yellow top for the audio, can i use both and run them parallel or do i need to get 2 yellers?

I have ran a yellow top up front in my last two vehicles. I recently had to replace my original one right before xmas due to over charging I think. But I bought another one in its place. My first one lasted me almost 7 years of daily use. And for over half that time it was the only battery in my last truck. It supported me running 3 RF 800a2's and an RF 800a4. That was in my Dodge Ram.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Ive also ran YT up front in my vehicles, i think they would be better suited for us bass heads. ive never had any major problems with them other than things i didnt know and i know now. The one i have now has been going strong for a little over 2yrs now. I also heard RT is made around racing and stuff, or just a regular old starting battery when its not gonna get abused like the way we do.

Now i wonder if u could use the YT up front and use BT in back, arent they Deep Cycle also?

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Ive also ran YT up front in my vehicles, i think they would be better suited for us bass heads. ive never had any major problems with them other than things i didnt know and i know now. The one i have now has been going strong for a little over 2yrs now. I also heard RT is made around racing and stuff, or just a regular old starting battery when its not gonna get abused like the way we do.

Now i wonder if u could use the YT up front and use BT in back, arent they Deep Cycle also?

The BT are marine deep cells, as far as I know they both are "Deep cell" but thats it for similars. The YT's are built to be beaten like a red headed step child. They can take the massive vibration of bass and can be installed at any angle and upside down(think they all can for that matter). From Optima I'd stay YT for audio. They've never failed me for the 11 years I've used them. Their a great battery no matter what.

Archived