slow240sx Posted February 21, 2011 Report Posted February 21, 2011 Was going to use some kind of threaded rod through the back of subwoofer box to hook u subs. Was wanting to use 5/16 copper but can't find it anywhere. All I see is zinc coated steel. Will this be fine or will I maybe add resistance with it?? I wanted to be able to change ohms of subs easily from outside. I usually use speaker wire and silicone it in so it don't leak but wanted to try something different. Any suggestions? 99 GMC Suburban 2 Death Penalty 21" 2 Crescendo BC2000 Boston GT-42 Amp 6 Selenium 6w4p 4 Crescendo tweets Hi output cs144 alt Audiocontrol Epic-160 Pioneer DVD head unit
bobmcbob_345 Posted February 21, 2011 Report Posted February 21, 2011 Was going to use some kind of threaded rod through the back of subwoofer box to hook u subs. Was wanting to use 5/16 copper but can't find it anywhere. All I see is zinc coated steel. Will this be fine or will I maybe add resistance with it?? I wanted to be able to change ohms of subs easily from outside. I usually use speaker wire and silicone it in so it don't leak but wanted to try something different. Any suggestions? I use zinc coated bolts for terminals. have not found any problem with them yet. I can not measure any added resistance
dugee81 Posted February 21, 2011 Report Posted February 21, 2011 Go to lowes and find some copper ones. I used copper with great results. 200a alt. by Excessive Amperage hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear 1/0awg + big 3 SAZ 3000D HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm
michigancapri92 Posted February 21, 2011 Report Posted February 21, 2011 ive used brass bolts/washers and steel wing nuts and had no problem not a bit of added resistance Teamcapri.comThe TeamCapri 1992 Mercury Capri XR22012 FORD EDGE SQ BUILDOld build logMy FeedBack1992 Mercury capri XR2 Hyper LED
slow240sx Posted February 21, 2011 Author Report Posted February 21, 2011 Go to lowes and find some copper ones. I used copper with great results. Went to the local lowes and home depot. Couldn't find copper, only zinc plated steel 99 GMC Suburban 2 Death Penalty 21" 2 Crescendo BC2000 Boston GT-42 Amp 6 Selenium 6w4p 4 Crescendo tweets Hi output cs144 alt Audiocontrol Epic-160 Pioneer DVD head unit
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.