HotRodHam Posted February 21, 2011 Report Posted February 21, 2011 ok so i have a 2000 alero gls with stock alt/batts. my stock alt puts out 105 amps. would i need a new alt to power a 15" Fi Bl off of a Aq1200? or would 1 or 2 batts and the big 3 be good enough. 18" Sundown Zv4 D2JL 1000/1 V1XS Power D3200
RyanJ Posted February 21, 2011 Report Posted February 21, 2011 ok so i have a 2000 alero gls with stock alt/batts. my stock alt puts out 105 amps. would i need a new alt to power a 15" Fi Bl off of a Aq1200? or would 1 or 2 batts and the big 3 be good enough. Doubt it. But I'm not 100% sure, I'm just saying from what people told me. MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
C-Fizzy Posted February 21, 2011 Report Posted February 21, 2011 You'll be fine with the big 3. Just do it in 1/0 so if you upgrade later on, you wont have to redo it. under construction I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me. u hate c-fizzy?
OldsBoomer Posted February 21, 2011 Report Posted February 21, 2011 will you be fine? yes, just slowish to charge back up. That amp doesn't draw to much but batteries and the big three are a must. The extra battery will put added stress onto your alt but thats the risk you take I dont think you need a H/O alt for 1200 watts at all. Suburban Coming Soon
greatblack Posted February 22, 2011 Report Posted February 22, 2011 hey i have the same amp in an acura mdx its alt does 130. will i be fine with just the big 3 for upgrades look at my super internets it beast! http://speedtest.net/result/906958776.png
Emoxihax Posted February 22, 2011 Report Posted February 22, 2011 I'll be honest all I have is an extra ground to the battery as the big 3( big 1 rofl rofl) and I sit at 14.6 and go down to about 14v full tilt. I have 2 4 gauges of power wire running to the back to my xs d25. take it for what it is. oh and this is w/ my AQ2200 and my 15" dc xl 2004 Volkswagen GLI 1 10" Skar VVX ^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.