Sonic Electronix

need help with selium 6inch active setup!!!!!

ok guys if you all know. i just got done painting the deville rims and all that. im done with that part of my car now im starting with the system. i want to run the selium 6inch speakers 4 of them 2 in the front and two in the back the thing is what would i need to order with them tweeks, horns, bass blockers can some one let me know what they got with theres that way i can just get the same it will be ordered from partsexpress.com input please :drink40:

You really need a crossover that will bandpass.

Either a HU, external, or even an amp with XO controls like the sundown.

I prefer the HU, easier to dial it in while in the driver seat!

2001 Yukon XL

Sitting on 35 x 12.50 x 20, XD Monsters

Headunit: Clarion DXZ785USB

Front: B&C 10NW64 10" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Rear: B&C 8NDL51 8" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Mids & Highs Amps: MB Quart DSC 4125, MB Quart DSC 480

Subs: 4 18" SSA ZCONS

Sub Amps: 4 GP3K Pro

Electrical: Iraggi 260a, 3 tejcurrent 240a, tejcurrent quad bracket

Kinetik - 6 HC2400

ssa_team.png

My Build Log

What amp are you gonna use???

Depending on the Crossovers on the amp you may not need any bass blockers you can just High pass em at like 55-65hz. I cant tell you exactly without knowing the models's of the Seleniums.

Also you are gonna want tweeters on a seperated amp, since they will need to be crossed over at a completely different frequency that the mids.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

What amp are you gonna use???

Depending on the Crossovers on the amp you may not need any bass blockers you can just High pass em at like 55-65hz. I cant tell you exactly without knowing the models's of the Seleniums.

Also you are gonna want tweeters on a seperated amp, since they will need to be crossed over at a completely different frequency that the mids.

this is the amp http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9893_Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-P400-4.htmland here the drivers http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-422

Those mids don't like much under 80hz with power, I would suggest killing them around 120. You will want to cut down from 800 to 4k and kill them after 4k let the tw pick up after that. These can sound very good with the right amount of processing. They are VERY efficient so you don't need a ton of power to get them loud. Mine only get about 25-35w at most and will drown out anyone trying to talk in the truck. Imaging wise, I found they do better off axis then on. They do image well and have have a nice height to them. They can also be difficult to narrow in a center with different voice ranges.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)