Sonic Electronix

Whats up people.. I've been into car audio systems for a few years now. And I'm ready to start experimenting with two amps to start off.

My main questions are when should more batteries and alternators be added? If anyone has some tips/info to throw in that would be great!

More batteries and alternators should be considered when the maximum current draw exceeds the vehicles current output... To find this there are simple formulas that can be used to determine this...

Whats the best way to go about this?

[drivin' that grey goose]

I would also like to know, because I am going to be getting about a 2k Watt system for a honda civic running off stock battery and alternator. Was wondering if I should cough up something for something else.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I would also like to know, because I am going to be getting about a 2k Watt system for a honda civic running off stock battery and alternator. Was wondering if I should cough up something for something else.

Hell yes, unless u want to ruin your electrical system.

I would say on a complete stock car, you could run ~800 watts, but not @ full tilt all the time. It is also recommended to do the Big 3.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

You received AN answer that pretty much summed it up. There is no number of batteries and alternator upgrades on a chart to correspond with hoe many amps or subs you're installing.

Everything is based off of the current draw you will be pulling. Maybe a list of what you plan on using and then we can help you figure out an electrical system capable of proper use. Your asking a vague question but expecting a well thought out, specific explanation.

It doesn't matter if you're installing 10 200 watt amplifiers, or just 1 2000 watt. Current is what matters when planning your electrical.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Hell yes, unless u want to ruin your electrical system.

I would say on a complete stock car, you could run ~800 watts, but not @ full tilt all the time. It is also recommended to do the Big 3.

Not every car is the same, there are many factors to consider. For his vehicle...I would assume it has a 90-110 amp alternator.

The other question is what amp are you using and how is it wired? A Sony 2000 watt amp is not making 2000 watts so...yeah...lol.

K well for me, I have a stock alternator, the battery is not stock but not amazing, probably just some normal car battery from autozone or something. I am going to be running a RF T400-4 for sure, and either a T1000-bd or a T1500-bd.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I personally would spend the money and upgrade the electrical long before I even work on getting the equipment. I wouldn't say you need to upgrade the alternator but it will make the world of difference. Definitely upgrade your big 3, starting battery, and adding another battery would be nice. Look to XS for some good stuff.