Sonic Electronix

I remember going through the internet and finding something that acted as a subsonic filter in a way, I think you would connect it to the speaker wire, and it would cancel out what ever Hz that item was for. I am looking for something like this because I have a amp for my 2 subs that doesn't have a subsonic filter and I really hate listening to music that has notes I can reproduce, and on top of that, I have many songs that wang really hard but also has low notes that will destroy my sub if I wang the song. Anyone know of what I am talking about, I remember seeing them and they were pretty cheap only a few $ or so a piece. If there's another solution for something to work as a subsonic filter that would be awesome because I have my subs pretty close to peak power so slammen in and a low note hits, my subs are done.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

A bass blocker?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Yeah pretty much, I have 2 10" JBL GT4000d, rms is 120 watts and they are hooked up to a 4 channel bridged to 2, 600 watt amp. Shit hits what the sub can hit obviously, but the notes that it has a hard time hitting sound horrible and some sound damaging, wanted to know if theres something or someway I can do something about the lows since I don't have a subsonic filter.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

heres what another member on here suggested to me because my stetsom 2k6d amp i have doesnt have a subsonic filter and is the reason why i blew up my subs because my box was tuned high and the low notes were hitting it and destroying the cone because the sub was bottoming out:

http://www.hlabs.com/technical/crossovers/

They are called fmods. i personally havent run one but was about to get a set of them for my stetsom amp but i am getting another 2 amps from a guy on here that has a subsonic filter.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I do say thanks for showing me that but damn, that site is really badly made lol. On top of that I have no idea on how to properly find out what ones I need and how to connect them in the right order to get what I am looking for.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

lol youre welcome. and yes i know the site is badly designed. i could have my parents make a better site and they suck at computers. lol. but i found another site that had them as well that is easy to navigate through: http://www.earmarkcaraudio.com/Xcart/product.php?productid=17089&cat=269&page=1 and http://store.hlabs.com/pk4/store.pl?view_product=10 the second one in my opinion is better. more to select from. but they are very easy to hook up. its like a 2 second job. just take your rca cables that you normally will put straight into the amp(s) you are using and then plug one of these adapters/modulators into the amps rca inputs and then put your rca cable right onto the module itself. basically it goes inbetween your rca wire that runs from your headunit to your amp to your amp.

If you look close, the fmod adapter has a male and female RCA connector on it. The male RCA end is what gets connected to your amp(s) where the female RCA end is what you hook your rca cables into that run from your headunit to your amps.

Hope that clears things up.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I understand that, my concern was that fact that I couldn't understand the tables on what Hz they are because I have yet to find a Hz range that I am going to go for, well first find what are availible.

Edit: My sub says it can hit 35 Hz, according tot he manual, it is in what i believe close to 1.5 Cu because the size for 1 is .75 Cu. I have a song that says it hits 30 Hz but my subs can't play it, I will check it when I get home on audacity to figure it out to see.

Edited by RooTxBeeR

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

ok i gotcha. i didnt know what you meant before. that is my fault. but i need to know the dimensions i said before then i can help you decide what one of those adapters to buy. now just to tell you, the adapters work pretty well from what i have been reading but ARENT all that accurate. if anything i can recommend perhaps saving some money and getting a fosgate 3sixty.2. i myself i have one and just messing around with it on my amps in my bedroom it does a huge improvement in sound quality and has the high pass, low pass, all that good stuff on the inputs/outputs. i love it and with fosgate releasing the 3sixty.3 now, ppl will start selling their .2's fast.

Ah well, I would only be able to use it for the subs, because atm I have the other speakers running the HU because I only have wires for 1 Amp, so I might set it up to run my 2 amps and put the old 200 watt 2chan to each side of my car. How much do you think a used 3sixty.2 would be?

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

hmm idk. i think i paid like 150ish for mine a month or so ago. mine was used but in brand new condition. there is a guy selling his for 275 shipped with the tuning discs and knob, all the stuff u need. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/98811-rockford-fosgate-3sixty2/page__p__1367261__hl__3sixty2__fromsearch__1entry1367261

Personally i wouldnt pay more than 175 plus shipping for it but thats just me. i didnt get to fiddle with my 3sixty too much because i dont have all my 5 channels of my surround sound going through my car amp but it did sound like a dream when i had it hooked up to my cheap little 2 channel amp. its deff worth the money if you ask me.

Just one thing to make sure is to get the 3sixty.2 NOT 3sixty.1 there is a HUGE difference between the two. the .2 has way more control for you than the .1