Should i run active?

Trâgîk

I have thr RF T1 6.5 series comps and im considering running active, would i get more out of the speakers by running active? Ive never done it before and if i would really notice a big difference then i will get another 4 channel and run both sets of speakers active.. Just wanted a little input, pros and cons and if anyome has done it with these speakers would be great

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)

it can be a pain in the ass to set up but its worth it. they will sound a lot better once they are set up correctly. plus they can get louder. the passive crossovers take up a lot of power.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i just rewired all my stuff to run active and its alot louder, cleaner, and fuller sounding and i dont need 2 sets of speakers to get the same output as my comp set does

i still kept my xovers inline of my tweets just in case but if i can get more info on my thread i'll prolly take the xovers off the tweets and see if it makes a difference

but ya active will sound alot better and ur xovers take 75% of ur power away from ur mids n highs due to the caps and coils and what knot, thats why most people run active now a days

with a 3way skittles my deck only has a tweet and mid output but if i wanted to add like a 4'' or something with another amp can i just run it off the mid side and just cross it over more to help out imageing?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i just rewired all my stuff to run active and its alot louder, cleaner, and fuller sounding and i dont need 2 sets of speakers to get the same output as my comp set does

i still kept my xovers inline of my tweets just in case but if i can get more info on my thread i'll prolly take the xovers off the tweets and see if it makes a difference

but ya active will sound alot better and ur xovers take 75% of ur power away from ur mids n highs due to the caps and coils and what knot, thats why most people run active now a days

with a 3way skittles my deck only has a tweet and mid output but if i wanted to add like a 4'' or something with another amp can i just run it off the mid side and just cross it over more to help out imageing?

Yeah thats what i heard, im only putting 100rms to them and id like to see them get more of that. I think im going to try it and see how it works out. If it sounds good then ill get another amp and do the same with the other set

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)

sorry but what is runing active :popcorn:

using an active crossover to control your speakers. I would be thrilled to use one but there is far too many knobs for someone like myself to even consider experimenting with.

Archived