well I bought a s10 without a motor since I had a carbed sbc to put in but I've been hearing gas is projected to go up to $5 a gallon so I don't know if I should stay with my original plan or throw a 2.2 back in..what also has me thinking of doing this is that my daily right now only gets about 15mpg..what do you guys think?

well you wont get great gas mileage with the 2.2 anyway. what like 20 at the most or something? there is no way i would ever do anything other then a sbc. just my opinion. but i drive a pickup that gets about 10-12 all day and 14-16 on the highway and about 5-6 when im plowing haha. i dont really care about gas prices. the one thing i dont sacrifice is my truck. and gas comes with that

Not sure what MPG is on the 2.2. But my 01 with a 4.3 gets 22 MPG,2 WD ext. cab. And I have seen some S10's with SBC's that are getting pretty good MPG still. All going to depend on gears and the weight of the right foot.

DCSig.jpg

2011 Meca World Champ S3

Team Truth Hertz

Team DC

yea that to. you could build the motor for gas mileage but it will perform like the 2.2 if you want 25mpgs lol

i think they get a little more than 20..some people I hear are getting close to 30mpg...I really wanted to do the sbc but I really want to drive the truck around but Idk about doing so if prices shoot up that high...plus I live about 25 miles from my job...reguardless if I use the motor or not I'm going to keep it so I can rebuild it and maybe use it on another project