how do i build a wall?

Hey guys i dont know if im posting this in the right section or not but i need some help. I have designed plenty of boxes before and entered in local competitions. I need a new project and was wondering whats the best way to wall off my extended cab truck. Such as how can i seal up the box so its air tight given that its not really a regular cube. fiberglass corners? and also whats the best way to anchor it off inside a truck

You build it with wood ... Screws, and glue

dont be a smart ass, this can turn out to be a good thread. how many people do you know that can actually just JUMP into making a +300lb enclosure and make it safe and secure with no prior knowledge of doing it.

dont be a smart ass, this can turn out to be a good thread. how many people do you know that can actually just JUMP into making a +300lb enclosure and make it safe and secure with no prior knowledge of doing it.

my second box i ever built was a wall in my cavi so its dueable

made base frame n screwed it to car

Picture054.jpg

built floor for wall

Picture058.jpg

screwed that back unflush piece into the rear of vehicle

Picture096.jpg

then used some styrofoam insolation and sealed er off with ductaape

ugly i know but it worked

DCFC0155.jpg

18" sub in cavi

DCFC0157.jpg

Edited by uhoh_45

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

if u have to ask i suggest u dont build it your self, because before u know it there will be a guy talking shit and your going talk about having a bigger motor and having his hoes

Edited by Red-navi-916

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

my second box i ever built was a wall in my cavi so.....

some people arent as fabricated-inclined (word?) as others.

You guys are acting as if building a wall is so completely different from building "regular" enclosures. of course you're going to have extra steps to stabilize and seal off but the box is a box.

And OP,what do you mean not a regular cube? Lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

A lot of people I know and have met can and have. If the OP has built boxes like he says he has, this will be a walk on the park. And like said by Smokeum, there are many build logs with good pictures along the way.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?