Hi im new to the forum and was wondering if there is anyone that can help me, i have always done db drag and bassrace, but now i fancy a groundpounder and was looking towards the idea of a 18, my main target is to play flat and be able to bassrace in 139.9 i dont want a wall just a box so i can take it out if i need to, so my questions are, what box design would be best for a single 18, will i be better off with 1.5k or 3k?(thinking with 1.5k i will be able to play for longer), what 18inch sub would be best for what i am trying to achieve. Any help will be appreciated.

Hi im new to the forum and was wondering if there is anyone that can help me, i have always done db drag and bassrace, but now i fancy a groundpounder and was looking towards the idea of a 18, my main target is to play flat and be able to bassrace in 139.9 i dont want a wall just a box so i can take it out if i need to, so my questions are, what box design would be best for a single 18, will i be better off with 1.5k or 3k?(thinking with 1.5k i will be able to play for longer), what 18inch sub would be best for what i am trying to achieve. Any help will be appreciated.

what exactly is a groundpounder? bass that shakes your tires???

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter

D'Amore Engineering E1500.1

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

Im not going for a massive build this time the budget im open to as i will just collect as it come along, amp wise i have three options as im based in the uk, i am looking at a spl-dynamics ice 1500, mtx3000 or massive audio d5000, vehicle wise it is going to be a ford fiesta van so i have the whole load area back from the seats, this is the vehicle

545.jpg

546.jpg

Look into the BTL N2, I'd have to say its the best cooling sub out there at this point. Blade Ice should be able to hook you up. Now you might want to step up the power for that sub if you want that route. Most 18" subs will pound and for awhile in the right box and not clipping the signal all to hell.

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

the main thing is im trying to keep the cost down as my last install was big i was running 4 atomic ele 12s and two atomic 5000.1, so was thinking 1500rms and a 18 should give me around 145 and a good amount of flex, the btl n2 is going to be big money, im not sure on options with the Fi or AA subs, i know i would be looking at the dc level 4 with that sort of power or the spl-d 18 as in the uk we are limited on 18s compared to all the options you guys a very lucky to have.

You could do a btl and pair it with an audioque 2200. The btl will take alot more power, especially if it's fully loaded but I've heard good things with that particular combo.