Did a little leg work for ya! Click Here to see a summarization of what the laws say. FL State Statutes 316.2397, and 316.235 are the two that deal with lighting on vehicles on public highways. Also, make sure you determine what the state of florida defines as a Public Highway...for some states, its not always just the paved part you drive on. Thats how they get you! I know because I'm a cop, and in SC a Public Highway can be up to 20ft off the paved portion of the roadway. So if you are in a parking lot just off the road with your lights going, you can still get a ticket...and an asshole cop will stick it to you!

mivtCK.png

all emergancy colors are illegal(red, blue, white, orange, etc.). u can have purple and green i know for a fact.

^^^Dont listen to people like this who claim to know what they are talking about when they really don't. This is a good way to get a ticket. Always do the research yourself before asking people...I found the previous info after 30 secs of typing in "car lighting laws florida" on google, and it was like the second result.

mivtCK.png

Legal or not, if you want to run around with them on, you will get harassed. Just because a cop knows different laws, doesn't mean he knows everyone of them. If he wants to pull you over and give you a ticket then he will. No matter how well you know the law that says your car is legal, the chances of him listening is little to none. He will still ticket you and let the judge handle whether it was legal or not.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Legal or not, if you want to run around with them on, you will get harassed. Just because a cop knows different laws, doesn't mean he knows everyone of them. If he wants to pull you over and give you a ticket then he will. No matter how well you know the law that says your car is legal, the chances of him listening is little to none. He will still ticket you and let the judge handle whether it was legal or not.

very true...

mivtCK.png

all emergancy colors are illegal(red, blue, white, orange, etc.). u can have purple and green i know for a fact.

^^^Dont listen to people like this who claim to know what they are talking about when they really don't. This is a good way to get a ticket. Always do the research yourself before asking people...I found the previous info after 30 secs of typing in "car lighting laws florida" on google, and it was like the second result.

ummm actually i do know what im talking about... i asked the police station in my town because ive been looking at neons to put under my car.

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

ummm actually i do know what im talking about... i asked the police station in my town because ive been looking at neons to put under my car.

Cops don't know the laws on shit like that...they write a ticket b/c they think its illegal, then when it goes to court, if the person argues, it is ussually thrown out. I'm a cop and I know how it works...you have to look the laws up for yourself, and be prepared to be harrassed when you add lights, sysytems, etc on your vehicle. Not to mention, that every state and city has different laws...just because your town says its okay, doesn't mean that the OP's town doesn't have a law against it...but it don't matter b/c the state of florida allows no underbody lights period. So therefore, you didn't know what you were talking about when you said only emergency colors are illegal.

mivtCK.png

heres a helpful example...in NY state, green flashing is used for volunteer ambulance. blue flashing is usually volunteer firefighter. purple is the only one Im not sure about. never assume, it leads to assumptions....I had blue blinkers years ago. luckily they gave me a warning and I fixed them 2 days later.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Archived