jconnway Posted March 2, 2011 Report Posted March 2, 2011 Ok so peep the sig to see what I'm running... its a great little system to be honest, i'm plenty happy with it. but I'm curious what everyone thinks about this proposition: What if I were to make some custom door panels and run 4 more 6.5 components and one more 4 channel amp... that would be a total of 4 amps. Again, they aren't huge power consumers... I don't even think they do 300W RMS. Anyway I suppose my question is: do you think I could run this without upgrading the stock alt or adding more batteries? The standard honda one is no slouch, its not like I have a 50 amp alt here. What does everyone think? And not to be snobby but I don't want any opinions regarding equipment, I already have the stuff and its paid for so I don't want any of this "you shoulda bought blah blah blah" please. thanks guys. Full Pioneer Build 4 Per Door - Front Door Build Up
dwz Posted March 4, 2011 Report Posted March 4, 2011 If I were you I would at least do the Big 3 and get an upgraded battery up front (i prefer x/s or kinetik). Then if you bump it a lot and/or get voltage drops, and don't have time to charge your battery before parking, upgrade the alt. I'm hoping you have a relay for the remote's on the amps, right? If you do add another 4-channel, make sure you have a voltmeter and watch it carefully, because 4-channels are less efficient anyways and it may end up stressing your electrical too much. And if you do, just keep in mind it will affect the lifespan of the alt and/or battery.. So if you want to avoid any hassles, just upgrade. It's not like you have an SUV. Either way good luck and keep us updated.
PUNKYOU007 Posted March 4, 2011 Report Posted March 4, 2011 70 amps of alternator power to every 1000w your running. Doethepaperboy "Bars of Pain" Doethepaperboy "Hero Remix" C. Arson d(-__-)b beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.
Bocaj Posted March 4, 2011 Report Posted March 4, 2011 Honda's generally have a stock 70 amp alternator so you may want to upgrade it or get an auxiliary battery. Car 1991 Honda Accord EX System I now have and is finally installed! Pioneer DEH-P7200HD Digital Designs 3512 Digtal Designs CS 6.5" components Audioque 2200 DD Audio C5b Optima Yellow Top Rockford Fosgate 1/0 Damplifier Pro Luxury Liner Pro
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.