Rear bagged without tank or punp?

well he wants to be able to drop his rear down level with the front for looks. he wants the best of both worlds, looks and functionality of the hitch :)

If that what he wants then he should go with a tradition bag setup not what I have done...

I did mine to maintain FACTORY RIDE HEIGHT bc my factory springs could not take having 400+lbs in the back 24/7 365... After a month of the stereo my rear springs had sagged to the point where I was riding on the bump stops and if I had 5 ppl and the stereo in I had no rear suspension travel...

BEFORE supporting bags:

IMG_0265.jpg

AFTER supporting bags:

166996_182818918409558_100000443545324_533983_1733813_n.jpg

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

• 2 weeks later...

cool thanks for the help everyone. anymore more advice would be greatly appreciated.

I was wondering the same thing just the other day. I have a 67 Riviera and would love to bag it but I don't have the funds to do a complete bag job. But my rear coil springs sag so much that my mufflers scrape and new ones cost just a little under the price of bags. I would think that it would be possible to have a no tank compressor set up. Check this out too.

http://www.airbagit.com/product-p/airvalve-scha-kit.htm

Your friend would be fine just adding bags, enough airline from both to the rear of your suv and then a "T" with a filler valve.....But if your doing that, you might as well just replace your shocks with some Monroe air-shocks and your done in an hour....same concept. 8)

If he did do this... at the minimum I would suggest he always had a small 12v compressor with him that could do the pressure needed. Maybe even wire up with a switch to be clean and hidded. If he always had a way to lift it, however that might be, I don't see how it would be a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

cool thanks for the help everyone. anymore more advice would be greatly appreciated.

I was wondering the same thing just the other day. I have a 67 Riviera and would love to bag it but I don't have the funds to do a complete bag job. But my rear coil springs sag so much that my mufflers scrape and new ones cost just a little under the price of bags. I would think that it would be possible to have a no tank compressor set up. Check this out too.

http://www.airbagit.com/product-p/airvalve-scha-kit.htm

When I first got my Chrysler it had air shocks on it with a nipple right above the license plate. I would got to a gas station and air up when i wanted too, and let the air out whenever. Now I have a low budget tank and compressor.

Don't use airbag it.com or aim industries or another name the company goes by. There customer service is crap, and products suck. I called and was told they had a 100% bolt on air setup for my car, i ordered it they sent me a 100% weld on kit, and the only way the front would mount up is if I cut a bunch of my front suspension out. I called them and they told me "see it will fit your car, you just don't want to do the work" and would only give me store credit. So I sent it back and got a shaved door handle kit. Piece of shit. The remotes don't work after a minute after you sync them, and one of the poppers doesn't work. :(

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

Archived