Do you think the armed LED actually deters would be thiefs?

Im in the process of installing an alarm on my 93 talon, and it got me thinking. Would the armed led tell a thief that they should keep away or bring more attention to your car that maybe there could be something valuable in it? I mean hopefully the alarm would keep them away no matter what but you never know if they might try something sketchy to try to get around it. I guess in the end you can never predict what a thief would do...

dont put fancy led lights i would do a led light that looks like it came factory with it. i used to do the cooler fancy led theft lights and my cars would get broken into.. i switched to a normal single red light and i havnt had problems since.. but if someone really wants your shit they will get it...

"if its too loud, you're too old!!"e-mail me!!!

I don't think it matters either way. I have had my both with a bright ass light and another not so much. I think it just lets them know they need to work faster while the alarm goes off

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I think it's whatever really. Same idea some people has as to lock their doors or not. Locking them means they will break a window to get in or not bother. Unlocking means they might still break a window and get in or maybe they wouldn't have broken in if it was locked. No good answer. I do know that viper made that damn blue LED VERY FUCKING BRIGHT on all the newer models. Lol. Thing lights up my entire windshield and my house 20 feet away

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

dont put fancy led lights i would do a led light that looks like it came factory with it. i used to do the cooler fancy led theft lights and my cars would get broken into.. i switched to a normal single red light and i havnt had problems since.. but if someone really wants your shit they will get it...

I have a single blue LED on my dash, which is dim looking because of my tint on the windshield.

I guess the presented ideas are kinda what I was thinking. The reason I asked is because the alarm isn't fully functional yet, but its working enough that the light blinks (as stated before, its quite bright since its a 5902) and the shock sensor KINDA works. Not mounted to anything firmly enough to go off like it should. Ill be parking my car in an apartment parking lot that ive always been sketched out about for a couple days, and really don't want my car broken into again. That being said the alarm itself might be the most valuable thing in the car... second being my gauges and third being my 150 watt amp, lol.

I think the LEDs would help. The thieves would know you have an alarm. It would be better then the thieves not knowing you had an alarm and tried to break in your car, then running from your alarm after theyve flexed your window etc...

just throw the proximity sensor on it

http://www.amazon.com/Install-Essentials-508D-Disturbance-Sensor/dp/B0009VFOME/ref=pd_cp_e_0_img

It will really bring your alarm to life just have patience with setting it and it will be an added shield and snip the wire that is pictured on horn box to disable the soft chirp that way the warn away will be louder too.

DSC05582.jpg

And yes I think the LED helps keep thieves away.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

Yea im definitely planning on getting that. I figure with that the glass break sensor might not even be useful? Thoughts?

Archived