Sonic Electronix

to the OP, did you measure that voltage when you were playing at idle? because it would make absolute sense. i have (likely) more electrical draw than you on a smaller alternator and i hardly drop while driving.

x2

I am running a AQ1200D and a DSC450(50x4) and have zero drop. Steady 13.6v full tilt, stock alt, no extra batteries.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

to the OP, did you measure that voltage when you were playing at idle? because it would make absolute sense. i have (likely) more electrical draw than you on a smaller alternator and i hardly drop while driving.

x2

I am running a AQ1200D and a DSC450(50x4) and have zero drop. Steady 13.6v full tilt, stock alt, no extra batteries.

Damn really? I have an AQ-1200 as well pushing two 12's and my voltage has scary drops. Might just be my gain though..

I like the oldschool one..

TDHsiggy.png

Current System: Stock 2011 Tahoe

Loud as F**K

Just kidding

get rid of that yellow top and go xs power. im not saying that is the end all fix but that alone did a world of a difference for me with my stock 110 alt. that and again do the big 3 and go from there..

Rebuild Log with the SMD

CURRENT..

Honda Accord Coupe

Porsche Cayenne S

Lexus CT200

Lexus ES300 (sold)

99 Lexus RX 300 (sold)

ADDING

Honda - Hertz setup, more to come

Porsche - Fi BL, XS Power, more to come

coming soon..
peep the old rebuild log of the Lexus RX

x2

Damn really? I have an AQ-1200 as well pushing two 12's and my voltage has scary drops. Might just be my gain though..

dont clip your amp then. the light is there for a reason. whenever i clip hard my voltage plummets.

I say my voltage drops and you automatically assume I clip my amp on a daily basis or something... I ain't even gonna say anything.

I like the oldschool one..

TDHsiggy.png

Current System: Stock 2011 Tahoe

Loud as F**K

Just kidding

I say my voltage drops and you automatically assume I clip my amp on a daily basis or something... I ain't even gonna say anything.

Hard core clipping can cause major voltage drop... And plus you said it could be your gain, it would be safe to assume you meant it was clipping...

Edited by Rebel4055

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

did i say that? no. if i meant it i would have said it. i wrote that because it doesnt really make any sense that a brand new car that has an alternator that is 100 amps, to have, as you say, scary drops. my electrical is completely stock, aside from the big 3, and i have a 70 amp alternator.

Hard core clipping can cause major voltage drop... And plus you said it could be your gain, it would be safe to assume you meant it was clipping...

thank you. as you stated, it "could" be your gain. yet it wouldnt make sense if it "could" be your gain being set wrong as the amp will tell you VISUALLY that you are clipping.

everybody says dc or mechman but there are others out there to. i bought an alterstart alt for my honda and it seems to be very nice and built well. seen a thread over on caco about a 150 alt alt and people were having nothing but good things to say about it. ya a mechman or dc may last 10 years or even 1 year and the same goes for others. if i were you i would give this one a try and you can always clamp it to see how many amps its putting out just to make sure. also has a one year warranty

assuming you have a 99 vic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Ford-Mustang-240-HIGH-AMP-Alternator-96-97-98-4-6L-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZMakeQ3aFordQ7cModelQ3aCrownQ20VictoriaQ7cYearQ3a1999QQhashZitem1e618d3ad1QQitemZ130485664465QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_1458wt_890

Edited by Loudcivic

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...