Sonic Electronix

sigh... i just wrote a good response to this then accidentally hit "back"... anyways, im with kranny. adding deadener to a wood panel would not net you any improvement in resonance. the only thing it will do is smooth out the inside and act like resin or laminates inside the box.

I do that a lot, its really annoying. And as far as me backing up what i said, constructive criticism is welcome. I'm not going to argue. :drinks:

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

I see a lot of people talking out of their ass, that's nice.

unless you are doing a straight up sq box you won't notice the box resonating with out the deadener. Hard woods will resonate even if braced, if your box is mdf you would be fine anyway. The more important issue is that box is to small for type r 12's unless your running a ton of power to them

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

unless you are doing a straight up sq box you won't notice the box resonating with out the deadener. Hard woods will resonate even if braced, if your box is mdf you would be fine anyway. The more important issue is that box is to small for type r 12's unless your running a ton of power to them

whats a good size for them, was thinking about building a box in the spring anyways

sigh... i just wrote a good response to this then accidentally hit "back"... anyways, im with kranny. adding deadener to a wood panel would not net you any improvement in resonance. the only thing it will do is smooth out the inside and act like resin or laminates inside the box.

Thank you. Eclipse calls kranny a smartass but fails to recognize the difference between resonance and vibrations, lol.

I doubt even 6% of the installs on this site would even notice a difference in sound and response.

OP, use the left over to damplify the next area.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

And I have to disagree, I think 1.5 cubes per sub should do well, even with rated power.

Thank you. Eclipse calls kranny a smartass but fails to recognize the difference between resonance and vibrations, lol.

I doubt even 6% of the installs on this site would even notice a difference in sound and response.

OP, use the left over to damplify the next area.

Care to explain the difference then?

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

how do you have left over dampener anyway? use it inside your doors

X2- Use it where you will get the most out of it. Theres always a place that needs to be deadened.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

This happens to me all the time, but when I go forward the text is still there.

Archived