Sonic Electronix

i have 2 type r 12's in a ported box with 1.5 cu ft per sub, i'm getting 40 sq feet of hushmat for my trunk and i am probably going to have some left over and the audio shop down the street from me said i should put some in the box, but ive heard mixed opinions of putting it in and not, so i have no idea what to do. any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Why? Ask yourself and then the shop.

apparently i was told that it would help with sound quality of the sub, and prevent the sound waves from going through the back of the box. i am not 100% sure exactly what it would do, which is why i am here

LOL WHAT? never go to that shop ever again. i have never heard of something so ignorant before in my life. wood isnt penetrated by fucking air unless it has holes in it.

all i herd was having sound deadened in your box will possibly make your box function as if it had a little more volume, but i honestly dont know if its true and i also wouldnt deaden the box anyways, makes sue its well built and sealed, sturdy, and you should be fine

Kranny would you stop being a smart ass all the time? :peepwall:

Sound deadening a LARGE box can and will tune the box a little lower by lowering the resonate frequency of the wood itself. This is why MDF boxes sound different than birch boxes, the RS of the wood itself is different.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Why? Ask yourself and then the shop.

apparently i was told that it would help with sound quality of the sub, and prevent the sound waves from going through the back of the box. i am not 100% sure exactly what it would do, which is why i am here

LOL WHAT? never go to that shop ever again. i have never heard of something so ignorant before in my life. wood isnt penetrated by fucking air unless it has holes in it.

lol thats what i was thinking, probably just wanted me to waist my money on stuff that i dont need

Kranny would you stop being a smart ass all the time? :peepwall:

Sound deadening a LARGE box can and will tune the box a little lower by lowering the resonate frequency of the wood itself. This is why MDF boxes sound different than birch boxes, the RS of the wood itself is different.

so you're saying that when boxes flex due to the builder's inability to brace it, you should add aluminum and butyl rubber to the wood to make it stronger.

so you're saying that when boxes flex due to the builder's inability to brace it, you should add aluminum and butyl rubber to the wood to make it stronger.

I never said it would make anything stronger. And you act like bracing/making a box indestructible is the answer to everyones problems.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

sigh... i just wrote a good response to this then accidentally hit "back"... anyways, im with kranny. adding deadener to a wood panel would not net you any improvement in resonance. the only thing it will do is smooth out the inside and act like resin or laminates inside the box.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived