94retta(219) Posted March 9, 2011 Report Posted March 9, 2011 What kinna hub has a 20mm axle?! I havent raced in a year so not up to date. And if yea could explain why its a 20mm on a aloy frame with little meat in the dropouts??? Dont ever ever case or bottom out. What class you racein in? The bike has unsealed american BB. I'm 99% sure the chainring is bent. take the chain off and see if there is a tight spot in the cranks. if there is then it's your bearings Yea, most that stuff was on my techniques until I cracked the frame. LOL I had 2 sets of the carbon fiber spin rims but sold the older styles that had the white stickers. Still wish I had my hawk, but I outgrew that bitch, and thats when I got the techniques. I always like the square frame tubes... I rode one of the prototype Hawk mini frames, the one with no top tube or seat stays. I outgrew it and my father switched me to a TI frame and fork setup Fast foward many years and I now possess this. the very first production frame to run 20mm dropouts. This frame is either number one or number two off of the assembly line. It's great to know people. This season is my 20th season racing and I'm only 23 BUILD LOG
doug118 Posted March 9, 2011 Report Posted March 9, 2011 What kinna hub has a 20mm axle?! I havent raced in a year so not up to date. And if yea could explain why its a 20mm on a aloy frame with little meat in the dropouts??? Dont ever ever case or bottom out. What class you racein in? there is a Sinz Elite wheelset that runs a 20mm axle made specifically for this frame. I had a custom female axle made for my chris king rear hub with custom 20mm bolts. This setup makes the rear else extremely stiff and provides better power transfer. almost zero wasted energy which is key. trust me the only time I EVER case is on purpose. Last year I was riding a TI wheel setup with a 20 spoke front wheel and 26 spoke rear and I'm 180lbs. Right now I race in 19-27 expert (aba). I don't get to travel due to lack of funds. If I had the money I'd move up to A-Pro and Jr Elite Men but there isn't a local Pro class so I stay amateur 2001 Tahoe. Huge front stage and 55+ substage http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196418-another-tahoe-build-huge-front-stage-and-155-substage/
Rebel4055 Posted March 9, 2011 Author Report Posted March 9, 2011 All this fancy bike talk makes me sad haha, I have a paper weight for a bike. Rest In Peace mother. January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/
superdave07 Posted March 9, 2011 Report Posted March 9, 2011 I dont have any pics right now. I raced (ABA) from age 5 until i broke my knee at 16. Was planning to go A pro that season. Didnt happen. I still have my old race bike thou, its a brew, pretty much all profile components. Slam bars. I rode for Brew and profile, Ill get some pics up if i can. I dont ride much anymore because its hurts the knee, but i ride some park and street. Ride an Eastern reaper for that. good to see some other bmxers on here! Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5 36 Ford * 51 Mercury looking for wire sponsor www.flyracing.com
doug118 Posted March 9, 2011 Report Posted March 9, 2011 I dont have any pics right now. I raced (ABA) from age 5 until i broke my knee at 16. Was planning to go A pro that season. Didnt happen. I still have my old race bike thou, its a brew, pretty much all profile components. Slam bars. I rode for Brew and profile, Ill get some pics up if i can. I dont ride much anymore because its hurts the knee, but i ride some park and street. Ride an Eastern reaper for that. good to see some other bmxers on here! I'm PMing you now about that Brew! If any of you guys want to check out some cool bike pictures, check these out http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=500149467&aid=114946 2001 Tahoe. Huge front stage and 55+ substage http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196418-another-tahoe-build-huge-front-stage-and-155-substage/
94retta(219) Posted March 10, 2011 Report Posted March 10, 2011 Ha i road for profile to.. I was in line for regionals and over jumped a spin screwin around, broke my hand, sholder, and blew my left top two ribs outa there cartrige. Done racein. I dont have any pics right now. I raced (ABA) from age 5 until i broke my knee at 16. Was planning to go A pro that season. Didnt happen. I still have my old race bike thou, its a brew, pretty much all profile components. Slam bars. I rode for Brew and profile, Ill get some pics up if i can. I dont ride much anymore because its hurts the knee, but i ride some park and street. Ride an Eastern reaper for that. good to see some other bmxers on here! BUILD LOG
162 Db Posted March 10, 2011 Report Posted March 10, 2011 Its a tight lose spot. The hole were your spindle goes threw is off. This can happen from pedaling hard, wrong size. Couple things. I got experance with this kinna stuff. And its cuz its junk. Not being a ass hole or anything. Just truth. Take your arm off just the sproket side then take your sproket off the arm, put the sproket on the spindal then youll see that the sproket hole isnt perfect. Cut up a pop can and shim it till its right or replace it. If your into bmx pm me. I got a REAL nice bike im lookin to sell. Anymore questions? What kind of Bmx And does anyone go on Pinkbike.com
Rebel4055 Posted March 21, 2011 Author Report Posted March 21, 2011 Rest In Peace mother. January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.