RooTxBeeR Posted March 9, 2011 Report Posted March 9, 2011 I am looking for A amp or 2 amps that can be bridged that are AB amp to power a fully loaded FI-Q 15". Also what is better on sound quality, port or sealed, from what I have seen people say Sealed, but just making sure. The other thing is if my sub is Dual 2 off the site, does that mean its a Dual Voice coil? and how does that effect my Ohm with the amp, and what would that sub be in ohms to. I never have been able to find out if they are Dual 2 ohm 4 ohm or what. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
bass_stalker Posted March 9, 2011 Report Posted March 9, 2011 sealed has better sound quality but you need lots of power for it. dual 2 usually means two 2 ohm voice coils. or dual voice coil. im not sure about ohms with the dvcs. as for an amp if your only powering one sub with it get a monoblock. pure power none of the channel or bridging bs JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.
Winn Posted March 9, 2011 Report Posted March 9, 2011 Why did you get a 15 if your going sealed? just wondering You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back. JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE
Guest Posted March 9, 2011 Report Posted March 9, 2011 Why did you get a 15 if your going sealed? just wondering whys it matter? the sub size doesnt determine the box it should be in.
cubs_fan0718 Posted March 9, 2011 Report Posted March 9, 2011 Dual voice coil that means when you wire it up it will be a 1 ohm load (pos 2 pos neg 2 neg) also why not get an amp like a AQ 1200d or Sundown SAX 1200d, or SAZ 1500, or an RF 1500. Im sure you would be happier with one of those class D amps than a AB amp. EDIT: Since u have a 2 ohm dvc sub that means 1 coil is 2ohms and the other is 2 ohms and if u wire it like said above you will recieve a 1ohm load. I believe those subs only come in dvc 1 or dvc2 ohm models. 06 Impala SSKenwood Excelon DDX593 Ampere Audio 150.4 Ampere Audio 5K1 XS D4700 (front)Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3 Lots of Second Skin Damplifier Under Construction for 2017
RooTxBeeR Posted March 9, 2011 Author Report Posted March 9, 2011 I am looking for a AB amp because I want to be on the SQ side, which AB amps put out a lot cleaner of a signal that a class D amp would. I have looked at all of those and the RF t1500 was my first one I wanted, but like I said said, I am looking for a good AB amp to run my subwoofer. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
RooTxBeeR Posted March 9, 2011 Author Report Posted March 9, 2011 Or not wtf. Sorry on DP! On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
iKidwell Posted March 9, 2011 Report Posted March 9, 2011 For an amp with that much ab you're gonna have to go to dd I'm pretty sure. Be ready to drop some cash. c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old. i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer. 2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan Build in Progress
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.