Mechman Alternators

Hmm can't seen to find something to suite me

I am not retarded but I just had a hard time finding things on your site. I have a 91' civic hatchback, everything is stock. When I get my system I am most likely going to have a 1600 watt system. So I am most likely going to get a XS battery that can support a 1500 watt system or more, but what alternator, if any you have. would best suite that because I am sure a 270 amp alternator that is $400 is a bit overkill for 1 battery.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Actually, I would recommend our 150 amp large case conversion kit for $449

The problem with a 91 Civic, is that the tiny stock alternator is not suitable for anything more than about 65 amps. Some companies will offer cheap "rewound" units in the OEM honda housing, but they will have ZERO output at idle, and will also burn up quickly due to their tiny rectifier and limited cooling.

Other companies will sell you a GM alternator with a solder-on pigtail, and expect you to figure out how to shoe-horn it into the stock bracket and make the belt line up.

We sell a complete bolt in, plug in kit, that comes with a custom machined slim fit large case late model alternator, the necessary adapter bracket, and plug-n-play harness. This is the only way to get a durable unit in that location that still has good output at idle and 100,000 mile durability. Our kit also comes standard with our adjustable voltage boost module so you can set the charging voltage to whatever you want! Our kit may be a little more expensive than what other companies sell, but you get what you pay for!!

Edited by MECHMAN

• 3 weeks later...

I do see that is quite expesnive, but it is good money. Well since the prices are chaning up on me, I will not get this just yet but when I do get to getting this car have a system I will definatly hit you up.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I do see that is quite expesnive, but it is good money. Well since the prices are chaning up on me, I will not get this just yet but when I do get to getting this car have a system I will definatly hit you up.

Actually, I just realized that was a typo. The 150 amp kit is $449, the 220 amp kit is $549. Sorry about that, I fixed it in the post above.