What battery ratting to use

is that stock? damn thats a way better battery than my truck had stock. But that is a good start for a primary but i would recommend another battery in the rear or else you will take the risk of cooking those AQ's from being overheated due to voltage drop. Amps do not appreciate when the voltage gets down too low because they have to work even harder to put out some power. Heres what i would say to do since you are on a budget:

1.) Do the big 3 in your engine and get a battery thats sized like that one and see where it gets you

2.) if your voltage drop gets down to about 13-12v then i would get a second battery

3.) If that still doesnt help then getting the alternator is your last option.

Personally i went a little fast on my electrical for my old car when i started getting big amps. I bought the XS power battery then got my 250 amp alternator from Matt at Mechman then got a second battery when i got my truck.

Think like this... You could have a hundred batteries but all they do is store power, they dont add power like an alternator does. The batteries will just allow you to play at a higher volume for a longer period of time every time you add a battery, they NEVER raise your voltage or anything like an alternator does. An alternator however adds power because it keeps up with the current you are demanding from your battery and re-charges it as it is taken. Now if you draw way more current than the alternator can demand you will have voltage drop as well so that is why people run numerous batteries to keep their vehicle running when they draw a ton of current but after they get done using it, they slap it on the battery charger to get them fully charged because a discharged battery is not good to have and can drastically kill their life.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Ohhh... Ok, I was going to get an alt first (270 from Mechman), I was looking at what batteries (that are available to me) I should go with after wards. As for the big three just waiting on my wire to arrive.

I was told Deka batteries where another option. I am able to get my hands on them. Which one do you recommend?

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

i'd do the mechman alt first, that's what i did...then i worried about the batts, but i went with xs..other people say deka works good

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Personally i never ran a deka battery so i cant say anything about them. I have ran nothing but xs batteries for upgrades and they always were the strongest batteries i ran. I originally had the s3400 which is somewhat similar to amperage to the battery you took a pic of but it was AGM. I ran that battery down all the time by blasting my music in the parking lots at school and it never failed me. It always cranked my car back up. One time i even drove home 50 miles with my alternator off because it broke on me when i got it and i was running the entire car off just battery power and it didnt affect me, just my lights were not the brightest since the voltage wasnt high but thats to be expected.

One thing with the deka batteries is that im not sure if they are agm or wet cell batteries but you do NOT EVER want to run a wet cell battery inside your car. If your alternator charges them too high they will leak O2 gas which you cannot smell and can kill you. AGM batteries do not gas unless you overcharge them way over their specs which i have had my xs's up to 15.9v before and they are 12v batteries but they still worked like a charm and it was only that high of a voltage since it was a ice cold engine.

You should never run wet-cell batteries in your car even if it wasnt for the O2 gas because wet cells can get the electrolyte to leak and start to corrode your car big time which in your interior wouldnt be a good thing to have. But hey bro, its your car so its your call for what you choose to do with it, id say to get the battery like you posted a pic of and run maybe one of the aq's to see how it handles with that much current draw after you do the big-3 for it all and then get the mechman alt and throw the second aq in your car and after you can choose whether a second battery is necessary or not. chances are you may not really need a second one if your alt can handle but id say maybe a small little battery in the rear would be nice because it will help keep your voltage nice and stable on both ends of your long power wire you need to run from front to back.

Let the bashing and trash talk begin but i personally dont really favor running caps anymore. I did run one and it did a fantastic job for the demand it had but they are like putting a band-aid on a deep wound, it just wont fix it. I prefer to get batteries instead and then if you want to look cool, get a cap after your electrical is nice and beefy.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Ok, So I will run that battery (the one in the picture) up front with the 270 alt from Mechman and the big 3. Then when the extra power is needed I will go with a :pardon: (AGM) in the back.

Youtube Channel

that sounds like it will do you pretty well like that. Oh and just to let you know if you plan to charge your batteries on a charger like the xs power intellicharger you should keep the batteries the same type. Either wet cell like the one in your picture or absorbed glass mat (agm) because from what everyone says they are different chemistry's and charge differently on a charger but the alternator doesnt really affect it.

To be completely honest i dont think its all that true, i charged both my xs batteries with my dads old as hell schaeur 12v battery charger that normally charges at 5 amps and has a boost mode to charge at 15 amps. It is made for wet cell batteries and i had it work perfectly fine for my xs's but i only had them on the charger for a few minutes and had a DMM on the battery the entire time to make sure i didnt overcharge it at all.

Cool now I can start making progress. Thanks for all the help. :drinks:

Youtube Channel

No problem glad to help you out. If you get stuck by all means you can ask me. I have made my good share of mistakes and i wouldnt mind helping you or anybody on here for that matter avoid from screwing up like i did. Best of luck with your build and dont forget pics or ban2.gif lol. drinks.gif

no problem, glad to help you out with this. If you get stuck by all means feel free to ask me for help i have made my fair share of screw ups and mistakes on my previous car i had and i now know what not to do with my truck from it. lol. And dont forget pics or ban2.gif

Best of luck with your build trink40.gif