Sonic Electronix

Alternator for Blazer - Budget concious?

Yeah it wasn't regulated much if at all. It was basically a guy with a termlab and a pop up awning. It was technically my first car show I guess you could say and from what I saw I wasn't impressed by any systems there. There was a guy with 4 RF T2 15's that was pretty impressive but he was sponsored and didn't even compete, he was just there playing it for demos. I know Memphis hosts some pretty large comps though and since moving here I have become interested in mobile audio again. I'm big into home audio but recently got back into the mobile- a lot has changed in the 10 years I was out of it!!!!

Well....I posted an add in the WTB section so hopefully someone has something in my $ range. I am going to wait and see if I hear from anyone promptly. If not I suppose I will go with the DC OEM 185 unless anyone else has any suggestion.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated if anyone knows of any other price concious options?

Anybody with a website for cheap reliable alts please attach link. Or if anyone knows somebody trying to sell one that will fit my 03 blazer please forward them to this post. I can pay immediately via paypal if you have something worth offering. No BS please. I also have 2-10" Pioneer Premier Champion Pro's (pretty much brand new) if anyone would like to take them on partial trade. D2's model.

Thanks again fellas! I am always happy with the responses I get on this forum. Great knowledge base. :drinks:

Any reasons I shouldn't go with the DC 185 for my system please let me know. Appreciate it.

Edited by D_Roc

You're trying to run 6000rms off of two batteries and a 200a alternator?!?! Your car will do 60-90amps just to run and then you need about 413amps to do the 6kw. That's 500amps! to run @ 14.5v stable (and id say about 2 batteries per amplifier) @ 12.5v you need 480a alone, If I were you save up for the 270xp from DC and get about 6 batteries or you're going to be in the same EXACT boat you're in. You'll run 1 3kw amplifier FINE but 2 will kill any voltage increase you gained.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

I got mine rebuilt for $175. Boosted it up to 220amp! system runs 14.5 volts =@ =@

Pontiac Grand Prix GT
400a Mean Machine alt.

EIGHT DD 12''s on a DDz2
DD vo 8''s,6''s,5.25''s&tweets
Norfolk, VA
http://www.youtube.c...ser/ovnorfolkva
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSPLSpot/473815915987218/?notif_t=group_activity#!/chrishova
http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1[/color]