Okay, well, I tried on my headlight lens first, and I guess I didn't do something right, cause it looks like ass. I am wet sanding that shit off now.

So, I don't think I even wanna try it on my taillights...

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

When you go to paint them, because it is plastic, you want to follow these steps!

1. Scuff with gray S.O.S. pad, evenly and every nook and cranny

2. Clean with dawn dish soap, then clean again with plastic cleaner, let air dry!

3. Make sure lenses are dry and should look faded

4. Apply paint, use light coats, and coat over and over till desired darkness is applied.

5. After you have found the desired darkness, let it cure, for about 15-20 min, then clear the lenses. Use even light coats at first then apply a few medium to heavy coats and let cure over night!

The lenses should be shiney and possibly have orange peal, you can now wet sand till smooth and buff to a nice shine.

Or you can take them to an auto body place and have them tint regular clear coat, and apply nice and even coats, like I did with mine. They will be more transparent than using VHT.

2011-06-12153748.jpg

2011-06-12153757.jpg

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

When you go to paint them, because it is plastic, you want to follow these steps!

1. Scuff with gray S.O.S. pad, evenly and every nook and cranny

2. Clean with dawn dish soap, then clean again with plastic cleaner, let air dry!

3. Make sure lenses are dry and should look faded

4. Apply paint, use light coats, and coat over and over till desired darkness is applied.

5. After you have found the desired darkness, let it cure, for about 15-20 min, then clear the lenses. Use even light coats at first then apply a few medium to heavy coats and let cure over night!

The lenses should be shiney and possibly have orange peal, you can now wet sand till smooth and buff to a nice shine.

Or you can take them to an auto body place and have them tint regular clear coat, and apply nice and even coats, like I did with mine. They will be more transparent than using VHT.

Thanks! Yeah, I did everything right EXCEPT the light coat part... I just now got them clean, and wet sanded down with 1000 grit. I think I'll try one more time, and if I mess up, effitt!!!!

But thanks again for posting that. I wish mine looked like yours. :clapping: NICE!!! :clapping:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

I have over 12 coats of lightly sprayed clear I tinted with duPont 805 black tinting agent. They look black as night, but actually more transparent than light covers or VHT, and they are as smooth a the body of the car!

Enough thread jacking on my part, good luck just use a light hand and everything should work out.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Purple, thanks for the shout out! Very innovative way of implementing the plexi. Everything is looking great. Best wishes on the tinted lights I think they will look good, as usual.

No problem, thanks for the idea! And thanks for always finding something nice to say, and for continuing to check on my build. :drinks:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Archived