Great work so far!

Tuned in for finish! :popcorn:

Hey, just curious, did you sell the SoloX? If not, do you wanna sell it?

Sorry to thread jack, carry on sir! :drink40:

I couldn't help but notice this post in another thread. I happen to know someone who has two 18" Solo Xs that he just took out of his truck for a new vehicle. I'm sure he'd be willing to sell since he's buying a little Ford Fuckus. LOL. Not sure if you're within driving distance to my area, but I'm sure he'd let them go for cheap. Hit me with a PM if interested, they were installed by me.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

I couldn't help but notice this post in another thread. I happen to know someone who has two 18" Solo Xs that he just took out of his truck for a new vehicle. I'm sure he'd be willing to sell since he's buying a little Ford Fuckus. LOL. Not sure if you're within driving distance to my area, but I'm sure he'd let them go for cheap. Hit me with a PM if interested, they were installed by me.

Thanks man, pm has been sent.

I am always looking for a good deal! :drinks:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Update: Well I failed badly at tinting my headlights, not sure if it was the VHT, or me. But either way, I got them stripped back down (Major PITA!) and sanded and polished nice and clear, and I'm just gonna leave them like that. Oh well, I tried. I think I'll start looking for some cool aftermarket HL lens.

But now I am thinking about re-doing my volt meters. I'd like to find a way to have them both up top, where the one is now. Actually, I have got to move the bottom one eventually if I wanna do the ipod doc. So, I'm thinking about just making a new panel altogether, to hold the two meters, and house the rear window defrost and wiper switches. It seems simple in my mind, so lets see if I can make it happen the way I am picturing in my head.

I'll post results as soon as I got em! :popcorn:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Well what did they do? Did they wrinkle up in certain areas but were fine in others? My 3rd brake light on my truck always did this when I used nightshades. My high school auto body teacher told me that it was because of being exposed to the sunlight to much. Nightshades never really satisfied me aswell. It always turned flat even if I used rattle can clear. My last month of auto body I took my lights in and used 4-5 coats of ppg clear with a little bit of black in it. I then wet sanded and buffed them afterwards. I love the way it looks and it seems like when the sunlight hits them they turn darker. Anyway I would either is actual automotive paint or have it done professionally and you'll be happy with them.

Also I always wanted to do what you did with your zx350.4 with the plexi. I may have to do it now cause it looks great man.

-Ross

Project Layla

Truck: 99' F-150

Gathering things for my next build.

SoloX18 build:

http://www.stevemead..._1#entry1576460

RE T-line build:

http://www.stevemead...-between-build/

Well what did they do? Did they wrinkle up in certain areas but were fine in others? My 3rd brake light on my truck always did this when I used nightshades. My high school auto body teacher told me that it was because of being exposed to the sunlight to much. Nightshades never really satisfied me aswell. It always turned flat even if I used rattle can clear. My last month of auto body I took my lights in and used 4-5 coats of ppg clear with a little bit of black in it. I then wet sanded and buffed them afterwards. I love the way it looks and it seems like when the sunlight hits them they turn darker. Anyway I would either is actual automotive paint or have it done professionally and you'll be happy with them.

Also I always wanted to do what you did with your zx350.4 with the plexi. I may have to do it now cause it looks great man.

Yep, that's exactly what it did, wrinkles. So after all that, twice, I said the hell with it, I'll figure something else out. They do look much better now though.

And thanks man, yeah the plexi amp cover turned out nice. Im doing it now to the ZX1000.1 to try to help sell it easier. :drinks:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

... it's a badass pt cruiser, but it's still a pt cruiser.

WTF, does that mean??

meaning i'm not sure if it would look good on a PT cruiser.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

... it's a badass pt cruiser, but it's still a pt cruiser.

WTF, does that mean??

meaning i'm not sure if it would look good on a PT cruiser.

You also said it probably wouldn't look good with the color of his car and that really made no sense to me.

Anyways, Purplehaze maybe keep an eye out on some of the Cruiser forums and Ebay for some headlight covers or the jdm style black headlights.

Purplehaze, I thought I would share a pic with you. This is a friends cruiser. Although it is hard to tell in pics, his tail lights are tinted. He did them very lightly. It is a subtle change. Just enough to make it look better. You can tell it in person when you have two side by side. His back up lights he tinted darker.

xwing.jpg

Purplehaze, I thought I would share a pic with you. This is a friends cruiser. Although it is hard to tell in pics, his tail lights are tinted. He did them very lightly. It is a subtle change. Just enough to make it look better. You can tell it in person when you have two side by side. His back up lights he tinted darker.

xwing.jpg

Thanks man. I really like those pt's a lot! And thanks, check out what I found so far

3102671F45L._SS500_.jpg

nice plexi work mane!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks man! I appreciate the kind words! :clapping:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Archived