Sonic Electronix

How hard is it to wire your system?

Oh and another thing, its common sense but if your a noob it's easy to overlook. Any time you pass a wire through the fire wall, make sure you use a rubber grommet to protect the wire from getting damaged and shorting on the metal.

Oh and another thing, its common sense but if your a noob it's easy to overlook. Any time you pass a wire through the fire wall, make sure you use a rubber grommet to protect the wire from getting damaged and shorting on the metal.

Very good point i didnt think to mention but yes it is very important. I have always used a stock GM grommet and cut a hole through it for my wire i needed to run and then i would take some HVAC putty and put that all the way around the wire on both sides of the grommet to really make sure it was a water tight seal. I have never had a problem with the wire shorting out or anything.

Oh and just to make a point because ill admit it, i was a moron to do this. DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT mount your fuse block for you power wire on your engine. If your engine has one of those plastic covers for it NEVER screw your fuse block onto it. I managed to get my 4ga wire loose from my old setup in my car i had and it shorted out and melted the wire back 3 inches!! Find a good secure location to mount it where it wont get too hot and is no more than 6 inches from your battery. And since most ppl ask this or from what i have seen dont even think about it; if you are going to run dual batteries you MUST put a fuse for the power wire that runs from the front battery to the rear battery on BOTH ends of the cable. This means that you need t put a fuse within 6 inches from your front battery's positive wire and another like fuse that is within 6 inches from your rear battery's positive terminal. If you only use one fuse your fuse on that end will blow but all the current from the un-fused battery will continue to short out and you can say goodbye to your car.

I dont live anywhere near you but if you have any questions when you start to get going i will be more than glad to help you out. Plus you are on the right site as when i was just starting in the car audio hobby 3 years ago, joining this site really helped me gain a ton of knowledge really fast. There are a ton of knowledgeable guys on here who will always be able to lend a hand and some tips and tricks.

When i get ready to start tearing my truck apart (that is if it gets back from the repair shop or else i will get rid of my envoy and get a different truck) i will make a fully detailed how-to and build log of it on here. Most of the important stuff i already have installed but i will have to tear a good chunk of it out when i re-do it all.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

yea its not extremly hard just dont do what i did when wireing your subs. make sure there hooked up correctly. my l7 took 2500 watts on one coil...for about 10 seconds lol. dont be dumb, take your time if this is your first time. and if you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

lol i miswired my subs a few times when i was starting out. It happens. After you cook a few speakers and your wallet starts to lose a ton of weight then you will start to learn really fast how to do things right.

Taking your time and asking questions will help you out more than you think. Rushing stuff in this business is not good at all because one simple overlook can be a big problem down the line. Plus taking your time to make an install nice and neat is better than leaving it all sloppy. Nothing turns ppl away from your system than a crappy looking install. You may have a system that slaps the hell out of your head but if it looks like crap it wont win ppl over all that much.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress