One man's trash is another's treasure build.

Let me start off an say i just want a little bass, its not perfect or pretty but its effective. This build is made up of all used parts that I got for barter, free, or found. It is an RF Prime 250-1 pushing a jl 12w6 that I found. I am broke and cant afford to buy anything so I am doing what I can with what I have. The only thing new is the wire but i still traded for it. The only pic I have for now is the box. The wiring is ran, the sub is in my room, and the amp is on its way.

Specifics going into Blazer/ Already in:

JL 12w6 v1

Rockford Prime 250-1

Boss H/U

32hz Box

KnuKonceptz 4ga and all other wiring.

Alpine Type S 6x9's in back and 4" rounds in front. (Those I have had since my first car I just switch them vehicle to vehicle. They are on H/U power only)

Total Cash Cost to me-$0.00

I am aware that the box is large, its all I have tho because I cant afford to buy a sheet of wood. The sub will be under powered so it should be ok. It's a homemade aero 6" diameter by 20" long came out to a final tuning of about 32.

IMG00051.jpg

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

haha nice. builds like this are the shiz

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

tomorrow for more pics im about to go to bed

and thanks lol

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

This is a cool thread. More meaningful than a lot I see on here. Hope things work out good for you on this build and alo how did you manage to fine a w6?

Since were all having a moment of truth.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

This is interesting, i'm tuned in! :popcorn: I think I might do this same thing, my uncle gave me a bazooka tube and a 500 watt amp, that's where I'm at with bass right now in my blazer, it'd be interesting to see what I could barter or scrounge up to improve upon it! :D

http://www.youtube.com/mrgeo20
-Bagged '98 S10
-Lowered '96 Ranger

-'01 Civic EX Boosted

-'99 Sierra, under construction

Very cool!!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

This is a cool thread. More meaningful than a lot I see on here. Hope things work out good for you on this build and alo how did you manage to fine a w6?

Thanks, One day while I was in the middle of a project I went to go get my gf and i saw this mdf box sitting in the bed of my stepdads truck. I was like wtf so I flipped it over and it was a prefab 4th order with a plexi window. well my friend need a new box so I pulled it out of the bed and there was a sub in it, I asked my stepdad about it and he had found it on the side of the road. So I pulled out the sub and it was missing the dust cap so i assumed that it was blown but i checked the coils and the were good! So I popped it with a battery to see if it still had mobility and it did! I was like woo free sub! Then I looked at the bottom and i was like 0.0 its a w6! So ya thats how that came to be.

This is interesting, i'm tuned in! :popcorn: I think I might do this same thing, my uncle gave me a bazooka tube and a 500 watt amp, that's where I'm at with bass right now in my blazer, it'd be interesting to see what I could barter or scrounge up to improve upon it! :D

Go for it man!

Very cool!!

Thanks.

Archived