Ok well the house we got belonged to my "step" mother in law she owned it for 10 years or so..i saw pictures of it right before she had the new house built and the lawn and landscaping looked incredible..well we moved in to it in november, and after it sitting for 2 years the lawn now looks like ass. there's a 20 foot by 5 foot dirt patch along the fence where a flower garden use to be, where i'd like to plant grass. The lawn basically in a nut shell sucks ass now lol. Anyone have any tips on getting it back up to par? I'm in ohio, and it's just now starting to warm back up so i'm ready to get this eyesore fixed. It's our first house and would really like to get the lawn lookin good.

2004 Explorer Limited

24" Lexani "pyros" wrapped in 255/30/24 pirelli's

270 Amp MechMan Alt.

(2)Stinger SPP-2150's

(2)Sundown NightShade 15's

IA 40.1

you can get some seed of your choice and go heavy on the sirt patch and then sprinkle some across the rest of the yard, keep it watered but not drowned and let it grow up to like 4-6inchs then cut it. By the time it gets that tall it should be nice and thick from the seed.

Edited by bcpballer64

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

that's what i was planning on doing, but i'm new to the whole lawn care thing lol didn't know when the time was right with the weather. it's up to being about 65 on average and about 40 at night. I'm trying to get a head start. the guy behind me get's his treated by tru green and every day i just envy his lawn lol

2004 Explorer Limited

24" Lexani "pyros" wrapped in 255/30/24 pirelli's

270 Amp MechMan Alt.

(2)Stinger SPP-2150's

(2)Sundown NightShade 15's

IA 40.1

pictures of said lawn?

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

My lawn is covered in snow. :(

My step dad is crazy about the lawn though. He seeds it and then waters and fertilizes it on a set schedule and then mows that bitch every other day.

Tip: Make sure your lawn mower blade is nice and sharp for a clean cut that wont damage the grass

Edited by Rolladoedoe

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

• 2 weeks later...

Don't seed it until the fall. The best way but the hardest way would be to till the entire yard and over-seed. Now its too late to seed because the heat will kill them. I am no lawn professional but thats my .02

Edited by BulletInjection

You can buy the scotts "anytime" fertilizer and that should help you save it. Just make sure you water it good. The best way to water is for short intervals. Example: instead of watering once a day for 10 minutes do it twice a day for 5 minutes each time. And if you did want to re-seed it's not to late. I seeded a new lawn in mid April when the temps were at 70+ everyday and my lawn looked great.