Ok.. So went to 2 of our local shops today, and got a pretty good rundown of all the basics.. Going Electric for sure, Especially with the quality of the New brushless setups , price , selection..

I lookedd at HPI, Team Losi, and Traxxas , .. I think Im gonna go Traxxas, as it seems to be a good bang for the buck.. Losi is awesome, but a little to spendy for my first RC in 20 yrs.. So heres what Im looking at.. Im not gonna be pro racing, just messing around, racing buddies around the streets, in the dirt ,, jumping, etc etc and It has come down to 3 choices

E Revo VXL 1/16

--- http://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/7107_7105erevo116

Slash VXL 1/10

--- http://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/5807slashvxl

Rustler VXL

--- http://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/3707rustlervxl

I realize the Revo is tiny, but seems like you get the best of everything right out of the box

The Slash is 2WD, but a bit bigger and can take more of a beating, also with a Lipo Battery might be just as quick as the Revo with twin 7.2s

The Rustler just got my attn for speed.. DOnt know much about it..

And This will be one of 2 or possibly 3... I would like a good all around, a good BIG 4x4, and something for the track/speed

The 2 they had there that were just insane were the Full size Revo Brushless , and the E-Maxx Brushless

--- http://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/5608erevobrushless

--- http://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/3908emaxxbrushless

Thoughts??

Edited by hzsogood

No Nitro? Shame...I have an HPI Savage 25 gathering dust.

Anyway, the 1/16 Revo looks intriguing. I know from experience that any fullsize Revo is badass, so the scaled one shouldn't disappoint. 4x4 will have advantages over the 4x2 trucks for sure.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

No Nitro? Shame...I have an HPI Savage 25 gathering dust.

Anyway, the 1/16 Revo looks intriguing. I know from experience that any fullsize Revo is badass, so the scaled one shouldn't disappoint. 4x4 will have advantages over the 4x2 trucks for sure.

No nitro... Its just not practical for me.. And the new brushless setups are pretty insane.. 65+ with a ton of low end with a gear swap and some Lipo batts... Only thing ive been told buy the guys who race these is the nitro is for you if you want excessive maintenance , a gas smell , and the sound of the motor...

That little 1/16 Revo rips out of the box @ 50 MPH, with a double 7.2 setup, but is pretty flippy..

I had a nitro rustler and t-maxx and loved them. Traxxas wont dissapoint for sure. i'm thinking the 1/16 might be a little difficult to handle but haven't had any experience with them, and i think you might be suprised with the off road capabilities in a rustler i seriously took mine to hell and back it begged for more.

Edited by 01 KoN

2001 GMC Yukon

Alpine CDA-9884

Fi Q 12"

Rockford P1S48

Boston Components

Theres Just so many options out there its hard to pick.. Low body, Hi clearance, 4x4 , 2x4 etc .. The Revo 1/16 is on the top of the list for sure.. and have heard good about the slash brushless as well.. I dont even know if I would need 4x4, but in the dirt would be a bit more fun and quick

Yeah, I'm looking to get out of nitro and into electric. And I would imagine that little Revo would want to wheelie if you womp on it from a standstill, but that's what wheelie bars are for XD

Though really, I think anything RTR and brushless would be a pretty sweet deal. Traxxas seems to make stuff that's pretty easy to get going.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

1/16 e revo vxl. hook up 2 batts in series and go nuts. i had one and loved it. things haul ass.

mine from 2009 :P

Edited by Alex K

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Yeah, I'm looking to get out of nitro and into electric. And I would imagine that little Revo would want to wheelie if you womp on it from a standstill, but that's what wheelie bars are for XD

Though really, I think anything RTR and brushless would be a pretty sweet deal. Traxxas seems to make stuff that's pretty easy to get going.

lol.. yup

1/16 e revo vxl. hook up 2 batts in series and go nuts. i had one and loved it. things haul ass.

mine from 2009 :P

series or parrallel?/ I just saw a Y-adapter for both batts.. Didnt see what one it was.. Actually ONLY saw one

series my friend :) There's bats in both compartments. It was actually a home made y adaptor. Hobbytown didnt have one, and since I worked there I just grabbed wires and made my own. Really hard to explain how fast these things go. Toward the end you can hear my flooring it for a split sec. Just the rain got the tires foam soaked and the tires got off balance and didn't let me give it full power. Things are fast as fuckkkkkk

3:58 is full throttle for like 1/4 of a sec hahaha.

Edited by Alex K

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.